Senior Project Manager - CMC Integration Project Management
Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new sciences promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient. Amgen therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve peoples lives.
Advancing science and helping patients - these dual passions are ingrained in our culture. They drive our work, our values, and everything we do at Amgen. For staff around the world, our mission to serve patients and our commitment to science makes Amgen a place where we can make a positive difference in people's lives while pursuing a challenging and fulfilling career. To foster a setting in which all staff may excel, we support a variety of growth opportunities-from training and education to expanding current job responsibilities.
Amgen is searching for a Sr. Project Manager in our CMC Integration team within Operation Products Advancement in Process Development. This role will be based on our main corporate campus in Thousand Oaks, CA. The Sr. Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for integrating Process Development (PD) activities by developing and maintaining project schedules for Amgen pipeline projects. This Sr. Project Manager will have the main focus on supporting programs in the pivotal phase. Working with the Early Operations Leader and other members of the Product Delivery Team.
- The Sr. PM will manage cross-functional teams within Process Development across all modalities in the Pivotal and LCM stages as needed. They will partner with technical leads to identify key deliverables, ensure cross functional alignment, and execute plans. They are expected to proactively manage plans to meet deliverables with their teams.
- Partnering with key Product Delivery Team stakeholders, the Sr PM will need to understand the Clinical Development Plan and strategy to enable alignment with tox, clinical and commercial targets
- The Sr PM will draft timeline scenarios to enable/adjust project execution across multiple development paradigms to inform portfolio decisions
- Ensure teams active, aligned communication in functional and cross-functional management reviews and governance meetings
- Leverage soft skills, technical knowledge, and leadership attributes to influence positive project outcomes.
- Assist PD in driving decision making and communication
- Establish and manage collaboration and team sites. Track delivery and create repositories for all Process Development deliverables
- Project reporting including appropriate risk analysis
- Partner with Business Analysis and Performance to report product metrics
- Facilitate and incorporate lessons learned, best practices, etc
- Support Business Process improvements, including alignment with the Commercialization Office
- Managing/coaching a team of project managers supporting various products and projects with overall responsibility for a portfolio of projects
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Project Management experience
Masters degree and 6 years of Project Management experience
Bachelors degree and 8 years of Project Management experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Project Management experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Project Management experience
- Masters degree with 6 years of projects management experience, OR Bachelors degree with 8 years of project management experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or other Healthcare related field, direct CMC experience is highly desirable
- Ability to foster collaboration and work effectively on cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interface across all levels of the organization
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Apply standard Project Management tools, and practices; experience with MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, MA Teams and SharePoint highly desirable
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.