Segment Lead, Precision Health
Segment Lead, Precision Health
This role is for the global lead of PacBio's Precision Health market segment. This role will lead development and execution of a global market development strategy and outbound marketing plan as it relates to the use of PacBio technology in the emerging disease-risk market segment. This person will have the opportunity to partner deeply with leading research institutes, thought leading clinicians, translational researchers, LDT/IVD providers and patient advocacy groups to accelerate the adoption of PacBio's technology. We're looking for someone with a passion for genomics, an understanding of how to navigate the bench-to-bedside continuum, commercial savvy.
- Internal champion of the polygenic risk score (PRS) concept and development
- Develops and amplifies internal and external vision for the impact of PacBio to drive discoveries and benefit to patients
- Be the external face of PacBio for this market segment
- Develop white papers and other position/strategy pieces to address the potential of PacBio technology across the breadth of clinical use cases in common complex disease research to influence key stakeholders and market players
- Develop and execute detailed market development plans for key geographic markets
- Deeply partner with local commercial leads to guide strategy and execution – lead through influence
- Develop and maintain global market model, 1-3 year revenue impact models
- Ensure continual updates on large programs and relevant market dynamics are delivered to other internal stakeholders, including C-suite of PacBio
- Identify and help to assess partnership opportunities relevant to removing barriers and accelerating the adoption of PacBio's technology by these programs
- Perform competitive and market analysis
- Build & execute market development and evidence development plans that include the full ecosystem of stakeholders from basic research to late-stage clinical research, including academic, pharma/biotech and clinical settings
- Consult product marketing and product development on product requirements with associated prioritization, metrics, and supporting analysis
- Plan, lead and execute successful outbound initiatives to drive awareness, demand
- Train local commercial teams on vision, strategy, and messaging, including the use of any sales tools or collateral
- Organize KOL and market influencing events
- Collaborate with KOLs, local commercial leaders and the applications lab scientists to build proof of principle studies where needed
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in a life science company, pharma, complex disease research institute or LDT/Dx company
- Strong understanding of diagnostic test development, including familiarity with assay development, analytical and clinical validation, and regulatory and quality requirements.
- Knowledge of genomics technologies, trends in healthcare and relevant market dynamics required
- General manager mindset – must be able to balance multiple competing priorities across near term and longer term, different functional areas
- An analytical and strategic thinker
- Advanced degree (PhD, MBA, MD, etc.) desirable, but not required.
- Experience engaging with translational researchers, early adopter clinicians, pharma/biotech, patient advocacy groups in the cancer space
- Experience engaging with ministries of health, private payers and relevant philanthropic organizations a plus
- Proven ability to influence and partner with cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Outstanding leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- Must have an excellent work ethic, exceptional judgment, and unquestionable integrity
- Hands on, high energy, and highly responsive
- Ability to travel up to 50% (dependent on local guidelines in response to COVID-19)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.