Associate Scientist, Cellular Therapy
Obsidian Therapeutics is pioneering engineered cell and gene therapies to deliver transformative outcomes for patients. Obsidian’s programs apply our CytoDriveTM technology in Cell and Gene therapy products to control expression of proteins for enhanced therapeutic efficacy and safety.
We’re proud of our diverse talented team and committed to cultivating an environment of inclusion where each person feels a strong sense of belonging and is supported to continuously learn and contribute their best work. Our research team is based in the heart of Cambridge, MA, and our Technical Development and Manufacturing will soon be moving to a brand new facility in Bedford, MA to support our growth. Obsidianites enjoy a highly collaborative culture, competitive salary and benefits, and potential for ownership through stock options.
We’re looking for a talented, creative, collaborative, and flexible Associate Scientist to join the Cell Therapy team as a key contributor to preclinical research developing new pipeline candidates for cell therapies. You’ll be a vital part of a collaborative team working to achieve Obsidian’s vision by translating innovative science into meaningful medical breakthroughs for patients.
This is a unique opportunity in a well-funded pre-clinical company with blue chip investors, field-leading advisors, and a highly experienced team. You’ll help us build a dynamic, innovative, passionate, collaborative, and successful organization focused on delivering transformative therapies in areas of greatest clinical need.
- Make intellectual and technical contributions to projects, while working on a collaborative team
- Independently design experiments, meticulously execute bench work, analyze data, and troubleshoot assays
- Isolate, engineer, expand and characterize human tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs)
- Develop and apply cell-based immune assays to assess TIL function in a variety of in vitro co-culture systems, including cultures with NK and myeloid cells
- Perform ex vivo analysis of samples from in vivo adoptive cell transfer tumor models
- Present results at internal meetings
- BS with 4+ yrs (or MS with 2+ years) experience in a biology/immunology/biomedical research environment
- Experience with primary mouse and human immune cell isolations and ex vivo cell analysis
- In vitro cell culture and assay development experience with primary human immune cells such as T cells, NK cells, myeloid cell and/or B cells
- Understanding of basic immunology and immunology-based experimental methods such as immunophenotyping by multiparameter flow cytometry, cytokine quantitation, cytotoxicity and cell proliferation assays
- Scientific rigor in the execution, analysis, and troubleshooting of experiments
- High level of motivation and ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Enthusiasm and ability to quickly learn and adapt to fast paced, dynamic start-up environment
- Excellent organization, record keeping, multi-tasking, and communication skills
- Familiarity with data analysis tools like MS-Excel, MS-Powerpoint, GraphPad Prism, Flowjo
- Scientific curiosity in immune oncology and cell therapy, and enthusiasm to learn new skills
- Experience with cellular immunotherapy and/or human tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL)
- Experience with small scale viral vector production, titration, and vector copy number analysis
- Experience with viral vector transduction of primary human immune cells
- Experience with genetic engineering
- Experience with record-keeping in an Electronic Notebook (ELN) format
Obsidian is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, cultivating a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.