Global Safety Medical Director - Hematology/Oncology
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Global Safety Medical Director - Hematology/OncologyLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be accountable for the staff management and resource allocations in Global Patient Safety and support GPS in the establishment of a highly effective global safety organization in full compliance to worldwide regulations.The Global Safety Officer (GSO) serves 2 roles:
- Safety expert of the assigned product(s), establishing the strategy, direction, and priorities of pharmacovigilance activities. The GSO is accountable for the overall safety profile and all product-related decisions and deliverables for assigned products supporting Hematology-Oncology portfolio.
- The GSO leads the Safety Analysis Team (SAT), Global Safety Team (GST) and is a core member of the Executive Safety Committee (ESC). The GSO also is a member of the Evidence Generation Team and other relevant cross functional teams. The GSO will be assigned as delegate for the TAH as needed.
- Validate safety signals and lead safety signal assessments
- Develop and maintain Core Safety Information (core data sheet, core risks in informed consent forms, etc.)
- Prepare/review core and regional risk management plans including additional risk minimization measures
- Prepare/review safety sections of periodic aggregate reports
- Provide safety input to protocols, statistical analysis plans, and clinical study reports
- Prepare/review safety sections of new drug applications and other regulatory filings
- Serve as safety expert on Evidence Generation Team for assigned products
- Inspection Readiness
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- MD or DO degree from an accredited medical school
- 4 or more years of industry pharmacovigilance (PV) experience
- Completion of an accredited medical or surgical residency
- Clinical experience in either an accredited academic setting or private practice (including hospital based) setting.
- Product safety in the bio/pharmaceutical industry or regulatory agency
- Previous management and/or mentoring experience
- Experience in the study/research and/or treatment of Oncology disease states
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.