TA Project Manager
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The TA Project Manager facilitates the worldwide execution of the HEOR strategies and financial plans for assigned therapeutic area(s) in collaboration with the HEOR TA Leads, Study Leads, and across HEOR Operations. This position is responsible for completing complex assignments and providing general guidance, training, continuous improvements, and support to Operations and the HEOR function.
- Responsible for specific therapeutic area operations: Compliance and contracting oversight for assigned TA projects, purchase order and invoice approvals, accrual tracking, transparency reporting, and issue resolution.
- Coordinates and communicates project/process issue resolution with finance, purchasing, legal, OEC, CCG, GPC management.
- Provides project information, reporting, and tracking to support planning cycles (e.g., Portfolio/Plan, Compliance Annual Plans), including oversight of ad-hoc and routine requests.
- Manages contracting process and communication for specific TAs. Addresses issues, finds compliant solutions for anomalies. Liaises with TA/ PMO Manager within HEOR Ops, OEC, Legal, Finance, and Purchasing for project-level issue resolution. Continuously monitors projects for slippage or issues that require resolution for specific TAs and communicates issues with management and TA leads. Documents lessons learned to ensure consistency across TAs.
- Provides oversight and interpretation of compliance, financial, purchasing, and/or transparency requirements to deliverables, invoices, and contracts.
- Critically assesses vendor proposals to ensure compliance and study success.
- Compliance: Provides guidance on AbbVie policies and procedures, OPPF, and individual state and country compliance measures and guidelines for working with HCPs/suppliers.
- System Development/Maintenance: Provides user requirements and recommendations to implement and enhance systems to automate processes. Promotes consistent application of system governance and aids in troubleshooting and testing system defects and anomalies.
- Bachelor’s degree; prefer focus in Science, Healthcare, Business, or Project Management Preferred: BA/BS with 4+ years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize various aspects of scientific studies, including project start-up, compliance documentation, budget management, study deliverable and timeline management, and project closeout.
- Prefer contracting, compliance, and/or accounting experience.
- Prefer project/ process management training/ certification and experience with business excellence tools and techniques.
- Prefer pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience . Experience in drug development process / project management.
- Be self-directed and work well in a team / matrix environment. Cross functional and global project team experiences preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint / database, internet tools, including electronic file storage and retrieval.
- Demonstrates critical thinking, recommends & implements process improvement projects, and applies analytical and problem-solving skills through all aspects of the job. Anticipates and tests assumptions for broader impact to organization and processes. Seeks opportunities to optimize processes to create and disseminate actionable, value added information that achieves business needs. Organizes information in an appropriate format to gain peer and/or stakeholder buy-in.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.