BioAge Labs is a clinical-stage venture-backed biotechnology company headquartered in Richmond, CA. We’ve built a systems biology platform to map out the key molecular pathways that impact healthy human aging, based on proprietary human aging cohorts that have blood samples collected up to 45 years ago with participant-omics data that is tied to detailed medical follow-up records over their lifespan. To date, BioAge has raised $127M from Andreessen Horowitz, Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, and others. Recently, BioAge in-licensed our first two platform assets, and for both programs, we’ll be initiating Phase 2 efficacy trials by H1 2021. Our mission is to develop a pipeline of therapeutic assets that increase healthspan and lifespan.
Essential duties include:
- Development, optimization, and execution of biochemical and cell-based assays
- Preparation and curation of biological samples, e.g. blood and tissues from pre-clinical studies
- Culture of mammalian cell lines/primary mammalian cells
- Communication of study results and presentation of data at group meetings
- Quality control and assessment of data received from external collaborations
- Data organization and entry into secure database platforms
- Development and improvement of relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Coordination, monitoring, and support of external research at CROs
- B.A./B.S (M.Sc. preferred) with a focus in cell biology, immunology, biochemistry or molecular biology
- Minimum of 1-year relevant laboratory experience
- Experience with mammalian cell culture techniques and cell-based studies, including multi-well plate cell-based assays
- Experience with commonly used laboratory techniques including ELISA, immunoblotting, and qPCR
- Experience in data analysis and visualization with Excel and Prism and presentation to a cross-functional team
- Detail-oriented and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed, meticulous, and accurate documentation of experiments
BioAge offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to company-observed holidays. We provide medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with a 401(k) retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions. We also pride ourselves in giving employees many opportunities for career development including a generous annual budget for continued learning, a direct and open-door environment, and a dedication to training and skill development.
BioAge is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. BioAge prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. BioAge conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.