Director/Senior Director, Legal
Reporting to the VP, Legal & Compliance, the Director/Senior Director, Legal supports a broad scope of company-wide legal issues advising internal clients and developing policies regarding healthcare professional interactions, product sales and promotion, clinical trials, contract negotiations, business planning and risk mitigation. Responsibilities include counseling and training business teams about laws related to the development, manufacture, sale and promotion of pharmaceuticals; oversight of Corcept’s contracts lifecycle management process; and enterprise-wide oversight of obligations regarding data privacy and security. The Director/Senior Director, Legal also serves as a member of the Compliance Team engaged in all aspects of Corcept’s Compliance Program, including governance, policy development, training and monitoring.Essential Duties/Tasks
- Legal advice related to pharmaceutical compliance – Provide timely and practical legal advice and solutions regarding laws related to product development; manufacturing; product promotion; fraud and abuse; and interactions with healthcare providers.
- Contracting and contract lifecycle management – Maintain resources and provide counsel for contracting activities across all functions including drafting templates and supporting negotiations for purchase of goods and services, clinical operations, research collaborations, and protection of confidential information and intellectual property.
- Support data privacy and security compliance – Develop, implement and maintain internal policies relating to US and ex-US data privacy and security, including compliance with obligations related to Corcept’s use of personal data.
- Support corporate governance, SEC compliance, HR and litigation matters as needed.
- Must have J.D. from a respected law school and strong academic credentials.
- Minimum 8 years legal practice in general corporate transactional and/or litigation matters with experience in healthcare regulatory and pharmaceutical industry law.
- Active membership in good standing in at least one state bar required.
- Complex contract drafting and negotiations skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary.
- Ability to provide timely, practical, and actionable legal advice.
- High emotional intelligence, capable of collaboratively influencing decision making through respectful exchange of competing ideas and perspectives.
- Self-driven to identify and solve complex and challenging problems.