New Product Introduction Project Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTION PROJECT MANAGERLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital NPI Project Manager role you will report to the Director of the Portfolio Strategy & Management Team. External Supply's Amgen Contract & Development Manufacturing (ACDM) business unit provides a strategic dimension to Amgen's manufacturing network to improve operational competitiveness and ensure uninterrupted global supply of medicines to our patients. In order to continue to provide the supplemental capacity to the Amgen manufacturing network, it is increasingly important that ACDM establish consistent, robust processes and systems to ensure quality and supply reliability with our external contract manufacturing network while closely partnering with our internal networks as well.
We are seeking a Project Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA to join the PSM team in External Supply.Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading new product introduction activities for new programs tech transferring into CMOs
- Provide project strategic direction of external manufacturing technical transfer and new product introduction activities coordinating execution of cross-functional workstreams from Quality, Process Development, Contracts, Supply Chain, Analytical Sciences and Global Strategic Sourcing.
- Execution and adherence to ACDM NPI business processes and operating model
- Strong interpersonal skills as interactions will be both internal and external facing with CMOs
- Lead multiple cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity.
- Build and maintain project plans and team assignments using project planning tools, estimating project cost and adhering to budget, directing and monitoring work efforts on daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing project reviews, and advancing functional, quality, timeline and cost issues appropriately.
- Utilize project management processes, software and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Handle communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact scope, budget, risk and resources of the work being managed and provide project updates and reporting to executive leadership and internal partners.
- Lead continuous improvement projects that deliver measurable gain in quality, efficiency and alignment within Amgen priorities. Apply the knowledge, skills, tools of project management and operational perfection to ensure efficient execution of projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The biotech/pharma professional we seek is a collaborative team-player with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 3 years of relevant experience within a cGMP manufacturing or quality environmentOr
Bachelors degree and 5 years of relevant experience within a cGMP manufacturing or quality environmentOr
Associates degree and 10 years of relevant experience within a cGMP manufacturing or quality environmentOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of relevant experience within a cGMP manufacturing or quality environmentPreferred Qualifications:
- Strong organizational and cross-functional project management skills
- Strong technical background with understanding of pharmaceutical manufacture and commercialization
- Demonstrated accountability to deliver results and meet deadlines while handling contending priorities
- Problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal, listening and customer service skills
- Strong presentation abilities, oral and written, including confidence and decisiveness when engaging with Senior Management and customers
- Experience managing and influencing in a matrix organization
- Manufacturing and cGMP knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Operational Excellence proficiency
- Understanding of contractual requirements
- Technical writing and multi-level presentation skills
- Experience leading effectively in collaborative team environment
- Ability to take initiative, drive action and work under minimum supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Smartsheet and ThinkCell
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.