Clinical App & Analytical Svcs Sr Mgr
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Clinical App & Analytical Svcs Sr Mgr
The Analytics Management position will provide strong stewardship in guiding team members and processes to make best use of existing and new reports. To fulfil future state reporting commitments, the Analytics Management lead role will look to refine reporting development and execution processes to automate and continuously improve throughput, quality of services, and maintain a robust reporting catalogue. The position will be accountable for advancing report capabilities to derive new business intelligence including those under the themes of operational efficiency, cycle time management, proactive risk detection, while utilizing historical data sets and trend analysis to predict outcomes.
The role will be required to collaborate and communicate effectively with stakeholders and clinical study team members in order to obtain precise reporting requirement and lead deployment to ensure end-product meets business expectations. The position will need to have a solid understanding of data object flows and reporting applications.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will support GDO Functional Leadership members by providing credible and factual analytics to enable decision-making and performance management.
- Accountable for all aspects of report development and services by ensuring timely release of product(s), quality assurance, and thorough review of analysis performed on report outputs discussed in senior management, study and cross-functional forums.
- Promote innovation, by acting as a strong advocate for automation and the advancement of new technologies to streamline services.
- Be a central POC for Global Network and Continuous Improvement (AFP) reporting strategies including making resource and prioritization decisions to support overall roadmap.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of business processes to search for new methodologies which will drive efficiency, quality, and compliance.
- Act as a subject matter specialist, be a single point of contact and customer concern source for report related issues and development activities.
- Advance report capabilities through refinement of existing processes and use new technology to develop prototypes to drive forward efficiency, map data relationships (i.e. trending, correlations), and adapt to changing business landscapes.
- Set a clear vision and strategy for the reporting network, keeping the team aligned to functional goals and commitments.
- Be a strong mentor and coach to fellow CSAR colleagues, contractors and vendors providing an environment of shared learning, quick decision making (D-A-I principles), and collaboration.
- Be an avid, supplying member of the CSAR leadership team setting strategic course to future state reporting, defining functional goals, communicating and addressing team risks, and having a strong sense of ownership over reporting network (domain).
- Be results driven, constantly partnering with the team to develop the very best in analytical tools.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Dynamic professional we seek is a go-getter with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Doctorate degree & 2 years of directly related experience
- Masters degree & 6 years of directly related experience
- Bachelors degree & 8 years of directly related experience
- Masters degree or equivalent in data analytics or data science, data informatics, computer science or data science related field.
- 5+ years work experience in life sciences, data sciences, or a medical related field.
- Strong leadership skills demonstrating the ability to champion new ideas and challenge conventional attitude and status quo in order to bring to life improved methods of analytical reporting and services.
- Mature knowledge in varying data types and sources used to define clinical operation metrics
- Strong analytical acumen to be able to identify trends, patterns, and use data forensics to draw conclusions.
- Deep understanding of graphical and data designs in order to develop the best methods in representing different data or metric scenarios.
- Ability to do things differently and influence key partners to new ways of thinking or delivering outputs objectively (fact-based) through data results.
- Exemplary customer service skills, as demonstrated in being able to pivot quickly to emerging or changing business requirements while using business relationships to maximize product delivery.
- Experience in working under a sourcing model which holds global contracted staff accountable for report delivery and associated SLAs.
- Top-tier knowledge and experience in the use of performance management techniques (e.g. Six Sigma), analytical models, measurements and visualizations to adequately present metric data in a cohesive manner.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.