Process Development Product Engineer
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
PROCESS DEVELOPMENT PRODUCT ENGINEERLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will join our contract manufacturing organizations across the world and resolve challenges encountered in commercial production of oral solid drug products.
This role will be based out of Amgen Massachusetts, as part of the global Process Development organization and will support new product introductions, lifecycle changes and ongoing commercial production.
International travel to visit contract manufacturing partner sites.Responsibilities:
- Develop as a drug product technical professional, to provide leadership and solutions solving problems oral solid drug product manufacturing, for unit operations including but not limited to encapsulation, blending, milling, granulation, drying, compression and coating.
- Work with Contract Manufacturing partners, Global Operations, Contract Manufacturing Quality, and Drug Product process teams.
- Participate in cross site team meetings to support contract manufacturers and to identify and resolve potential issues.
- Provide process development expertise for commercial drug product processing in specific areas such as process characterization, technology transfer, process validation and routine commercial production.
- Solve issues with drug product processing technologies and equipment.
- Identify and implement operational improvements for drug product commercial processes.
- Support commercial drug product manufacturing operations and contract manufacturing quality with technical evaluation of NC/CAPA.
- Visit contract manufacturing sites to observe production operations and build relationships.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The engineering professional we seek is a collaborative team-player with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Bachelors degree and 2 years of pharmaceutical manufacturing experience
Associates degree and 6 years of pharmaceutical manufacturing experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of pharmaceutical manufacturing experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Masters in a Science or Engineering or a related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in applying fundamental engineering and scientific principles to the design and implementation of wet granulation, roller compaction, blending, milling, drying, compression, coating and encapsulation processes.
- Experience managing contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs).
- Project management experience.
- Experience leading multiple projects and get results.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing processing in a GMP environment.
- Problem-solving ability and collaboration.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong academic results in a bachelors degree in Science, Engineering or a related subject area.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.