Finance Lead - Government Pricing
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Primary Job Function:
Incumbent manages a wide variety of tasks that support Medicaid financial reporting and planning. Key responsibilities will include financial modeling for L-ABV key products, providing Medicaid impact for changes in Best Price (BP), and modifying financial modeling when necessary. Incumbent will support financial initiatives through analysis for key products. Additionally, Incumbent will provide routine and ad hoc financial analysis. Must analyze and respond to legislative activities (i.e. Health Care Reform) as required. The incumbent will be expected to work independently with minimal supervision, and be able to foster and develop solid internal and external cross-functional relationships (i.e. legal, GTN, Pricing personnel, etc.). Adherence to OEC policies and procedures, including periodic training modules and certifications will be required.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Update and analyze Medicaid financial models for Plan/LRP cycles for L-ABV Key Products, present and explain variances to management, and submit final Medicaid rates to GTN Team.
- Update and analyze Plan/LRP cycle requests based upon assumption changes provided by Finance Team. Address any questions as it relates to the request.
- Provide quarterly LBE (actual vs forecast) LBE for Medicaid Rates.
- Maintain Financial models and reports, support SQL and/or VBA reporting queries and/or enhancements impacting the area.
- Run BP impact analysis versus Plan/LRP.
- Prepare and distribute periodic business reports to external and internal customers, including CF Transition Tracking, Pareto (80/20 rule) analysis, gross to net sales and margin.
- Develop knowledge of Government Pricing system to ensure accurate data is pulled into financial models, modifying data pull if necessary.
- Perform ad hoc analysis with ability to create models to address regulatory changes outlining Medicaid impact vs Plan/LRP.
- Manage all Desk Top Procedures (DTPs) related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Develop and foster solid internal and external relationships that facilitate job activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Accountability and Scope:
Incumbent should be knowledgeable in the area of government pharmaceutical pricing programs and the associated calculations, as well as other pricing and contracting functions, including rebate and chargeback operations. Position will require a high degree of problem solving and analytical skill sets to accomplish tasks. The incumbent is an experienced individual contributor and is expected to assume full responsibility and accountability for required responsibilities, and be able to handle with only minimal supervision and technical guidance. The incumbent must be able to act independently and demonstrate sound business judgment within the scope of defined guidelines. This position will report to the Manager, Federal/State Government Contracting.
Minimum Experience/Training Required:
Five or more years’ experience in financial/analytical roles in positions of increasing responsibility is required, preferably in government pricing. Ideally the candidate should already possess knowledge of government pharmaceutical pricing and contracting, including working knowledge of regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (i.e. Medicaid Law, Veterans Healthcare Act, Medicaid and Medicare Fraud & Abuse statutes, Anti-Trust Laws, and the AbbVie Corporate Compliance Program), or the ability to quickly learn such regulations and standards. Have to be extremely proficient with all Microsoft Office Suite programs, and proficiency with SQL, VBA, COGNOS, Model N, SAP, and other related government systems and interfaces is h
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.