Associate Director Finance GMCO
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The primary objective of this position is to lead, drive and design cross functional global processes, to produce set of analytics and financials to inform Executive decisions. Specifically, this position is responsible for leading the S&OP process in commercial coordinating the areas and preparing and co-leading the executive S&OP, coordinating the financial planning and analysis efforts related to LRP, driving any portfolio alignment across GMCO and the business. The incumbent will collaborate cross functionally and cross geographically, designing financial processes. In addition, this position is responsible to manage and develop finance staff.
- Manage Sales and Operation Planning process, in coordination with Supply Chain and the commercial affiliates, co-lead the Executive S&OP, develop monthly review decks & analytics
- Coordinate with Operations, US and international all aspects of supply/demand alignment
- Drive and coordinate Max cycles with Operations, GMCO TA and US; present to senior leadership; enhance and improve Max review process
- Continuously improve the S&OP process at global and drive projects around demand analytic development in collaboration with Operations
- Own LRP process: coordinate deliverables, guidance, process, outcomes with GMCO TAs, GCF, GCD, areas – lead preparation (requirements, timing calendar, hierarchies…) ; support TAs and GCD in developing standard deliverables and coordinate all along process.
- Own the global GMCO consolidated deliverables - prepare & consolidate LRP executive review decks. Prepare ad hoc analytics (sales, spend..) for senior management
- Close collaboration and communication with TAs, Areas, GCF to deliver high quality LRP
- Coordinate portfolio activities such as Numero Uno, Board of Directors presentations, Strategic decks.
- Lead cross TAs/portfolio activities for GMCO finance: Global Finance, GMCO/GCex initiative support, GMCO Finance project coordination
- Staff Development – Responsible for delegating to and coaching a staff of employees to ensure an optimal level of support to the business and provide coaching and career development opportunities to sustain a high performing staff. Develop career development strategies within GMCO Finance.
- Individual is expected to successfully perform all responsibilities with a high degree of self-motivation and autonomy
- Requires 7-10 years progressive FP&A experience in the pharma industry, at different level (affiliate, region, area, global or US)
- Management experience & focus on development of direct report and extended staff
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- Ability and desire to proactively search out and evaluate business problems and opportunities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, able to summarize complex business dynamics into deliverables for executives
- Ability to operate independently, lead multiple processes and meet tight deadlines while balancing competing priorities
- Technical skills, knowledge of systems such as TM1/Aspire
- Bachelor’s or Master´s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Multi-division experience and knowledge of the financial planning process
GMCO Finance Director, GMCO Finance Leadership Team, Finance leadership, Supply Chain Finance, GCD, GCF, Area Finance
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.