Sr. Scientist, Computational Biology
Piper Companies is seeking a Sr. Scientist, Computational Biology in Philadelphia, PA to join a cell therapy leader committed to developing off-the-shelf cell therapies to expand patient access and provide an unparalleled opportunity to advance the course of cancer care.
The computational biology team is seeking a highly motivated Computational Scientist with expertise in (Next Generation Sequencing) NGS pipelines and analyses, to help us advance our universal iPSC-derived allogeneic cell products for targeting hematological and solid tumors. The individual in this position will have the exciting opportunity to build and extend company's capabilities in the sequencing space and integrate datasets of biological data. The successful applicant will collaborate closely with scientists in the immunology, tumor biology, and technology development teams, to design experiments and analyze the resulting data, and work with external partners to help achieve our collective corporate goals.
- Implement NGS and other high-throughput data analysis pipelines using best-standard practices; derive insights from their application to our products
- Collaborate with other researchers in the design of experiments and the analysis of data; discuss statistically valid data collection and sampling methods
- Design and develop custom bioinformatic tools and services for other teams
- Integrate publicly accessible, commercial, and/or proprietary databases of biological data
- Maintain detailed documentation of all analyses to ensure reproducibility
- Stay up-to-date with current trends in the field of bioinformatics and evaluate state of the art tools and services
- PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, or related discipline, with 4-6 years of relevant post-doc/industry or professional experience required. Or +10 years of relevant experience for MS candidates required.
- Additional Requirements:
- Strong experience with techniques for analyzing high-throughput genomic and transcriptomic datasets and an interest in applying novel approaches to explore and integrate such data
- Proficiency in R/Python and working in a linux environment
- Good understanding of standard statistical methods
- Strong communication skills and ability to describe complex analysis to a wide audience
- Previous experience working in a cloud environment preferred
- Relevant biological knowledge in immunology, cell therapy, and/or CRISPR engineering a plus
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a dynamic startup environment