Specialist IS Architect
Amgen is seeking a Specialist IS Architect to join the Identity Management (IdM) team and will oversee the design, integration, and support of Amgens Microsoft Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Oracle LDAP, and PKI environments as well as related directory based technologies (e.g. password self-service, shared account password management, etc.).
The Specialist IS Architect will report to the Senior Manager Information Systems based out of Amgens Capability Center in Tampa, Florida. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients.Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies.
Identity Management at Amgen is a core group responsible for managing all the enterprise directories, identity provisioning and access management/ governance solutions, single sign-on tools, privileged identity management, PKI and other authentication platforms. This team is at the fore-front of enterprise architecture and security at Amgen and is passionate about providing solutions with great end user experience.
Key Activities for the Specialist IS Architect include: -
- Be the owner and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Active Directory (on-premises and Azure), PKI, Oracle LDAP and various related systems and work as the liaison between the business and the technical staff to provide a translation of business requirements/issues to technical requirements/issues and vice-a-versa
- Define a service strategy, road-map, and execution plan to deliver high impact business value and partner with the other Identity teams to engineers to implement solutions for cloud, mobile and on-premise applications
- Conduct, lead, or provision technology and service reviews to baseline and set service improvement goals and initiatives
- Provide support and consultation to clients or project teams to identify requirements and assist with application configurations and deployments utilizing Amgens directories
- Monitor operational and performance statistics for managed systems to ensure reliability and availability and work with the operations team to maintain growth statistics, space forecasts, etc. Oversee production change control schedule and participates in change control processes
- Resolve issues escalated from Amgens operational support vendor and provide expert level troubleshooting for issues that bridge subject areas and technologies beyond team capabilities
- Create and maintain technical documentation such as SOPs, design documents, operational drawings, manuals, etc.
- This position may have after hours responsibilities
Masters degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of Information Systems experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma/GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong Microsoft Active Directory skills including AD LDS and Azure AD
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows: 2008/2012/2016
- Strong knowledge of LDAP directories
- Strong knowledge of PKI (Public Key Infrastructure)
- Good working knowledge of DNS and WINS
- Experience with mobile device authentication and management
- Experience with managing regulated systems - FDA/SOX
- Scripting skills such as PowerShell, Perl, VB Script, etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
One or more of the following certifications, including but not limited to:
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- SANS Global Information Assurance Certifications (GIAC)
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our talented Tampa team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.