Biostatistics Manager, General Medicine (U.S. - Remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Biostatistics ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will achieve results through detailed goal setting, accountability measures, effective partnership, performance management, collaboration with other groups and a dedication to serving customers, both inside and outside of, CfDA (Center for Design & Analysis). The Biostatistics Manager independently leads sophisticated studies in the General Medicine therapeutic areas (Cardiometabolic, Inflammation, Nephrology, and Neuroscience), ensuring that the statistical aspects of clinical activities meet required standards and are robust and valid. Will also influence and supply to strategy development, defend statistical approaches and represent GBS (Global Biostatical Science) through participating in and collaborating with multidisciplinary study teams.Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is proficient with these qualifications.Key activities include:
- Providing statistical contributions, statistical review, and quality control of Key Design Elements (KDE) protocols, randomization specifications, Statistical Analysis Plans (SAPs), Table, Listing and Graph (TLG) shells, Submission Data File (SDF) specifications, other key-study related documentation, protocol deviations, Flash Memos, Clinical Study Reports (CSRs), clinical publications, and other communications
- Completing statistical analysis of individual studies/projects
- Publishing applied research in scientific journals and books, and give presentations on statistical methodology in the biopharmaceutical setting at external scientific meetings (biopharmaceutical industry and academic meetings)
- Being familiar with statistical policy and strategy at Amgen
- Staying abreast of the latest developments in the field of statistics in drug development and contribute to scientific advances in the field
- Communicating the role of the Global Biostatistics department, and may contribute to statistical training within Global Biostatistics and within Amgen
- Assisting in the review of Amgen Policies, SOPs, and other controlled documents
- Assisting with study and systems audits conducted by Amgen CQA and external bodies
- Serving as team member of change / process improvement initiatives
Masters degree and 3 years of Statistics/Biostatistics experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Statistics/Biostatistics experience.
Doctorate degree in statistics or biostatisticsThrive
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.