Supply Chain Manager
The RMD Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the following:
- Participate in Global Product Planning forums to identify new category demand and partner with Sites for early inclusion into network planning
- Liaise with appropriate PDT members to anticipate on impact of variations on long leadtime RMD supply
- Provide leadership and oversight to category material planning across Sites to improve demand signals and provide consolidated forecast to suppliers
- Integrate network planning for select RMD into Amgens network planning cycle
- Ensure timely availability of consolidated forecast to RMD Category Managers for submission to Suppliers
- Contribute to the achievement of network RMD goals and initiatives as defined by External Supply and Operations initiatives
- Realize network alignment for key Raw Material planning strategies and address critical issues
- Monitor Forecast Accuracy performance in close partnership with Site Supply Chain and External Supply
- Partner with External Supply and GSS to leverage forecast performance in contract and pricing negotiations
- Lead review of safety stock strategy for select RMD
- Execute annual safety stock review/setting process
- Manage recovery plans and network allocations in shortage situations
- Facilitate annual standard cost setting process for select RMD categories
- Identify opportunities to optimize order management (e.g. order consolidation, order frequency, minimum order quantities, etc.)
- Conduct supply sensitivity to minimize scrap for select RMD across network
- Analyze, consolidate, and report forecast at the component / supplier level
- Develop network scenarios to assist in driving short and long-range plans and analyses Analyze company RMD inventory plans including inventory levels, scrap, inventory purchases, and consumption
- Monitor and address issues with PO submission by sites for all raw material suppliers
Other responsibilities include:
- Maintain excellent communication lines with all sources of demand and supply
- Effectively engage key partners within supply chain, quality, finance, process development and other functional areas as needed
- Use expertise to influence planning and supply chain processes as appropriate
- Understand how Global RMD Planning fits in Amgens business process to provide development opportunities and continuous process improvement
- Provide ad hoc reporting to support network
- Develop and/or deliver reports, presentations and/or recommendations to executive audiences
- Serve as a Supply Chain resource and/or representative for special projects and initiatives
- Work under minimal supervision in line with Amgen Values and Leadership Attributes
- Bachelors degree and 4 years of experience
- Associates degree and 10 years of experience
- High school diploma/ GED and 12 years of experience
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey.
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.