Medical Communications Sr Mgr
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Medical Value & Access Communications Senior ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible to identify relevant capabilities and content to enable the creation of scientifically rigorous and high impact communication resources and related support of activities for payer & formulary decision-maker requests, as well as to provide clinical, economic, value and strategic input on payer activities in support of access for Amgen products.
- Lead the coordination with cross-functional teams to create, update, and review clinical and health economic product data for HOPE Specialist resources, and identify relevant data for submission to drug information and formulary organizations as subject matter expert for the assigned product(s).
- Capture and document communications, decisions, submissions, and coordinate the fulfillment of formulary dossiers and customized formulary submissions with clinical and health economic data for Amgen products, as well as fulfillment for other payer-associated submissions of materials.
- Responsible for development and management of specialized medical information standard response documents, and submissions to selected compendia organizations.
- Address medical information requests for product information from payers & formulary decision-makers.
- Support development/updates to Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) Dossiers; provide scientific & medical support to the commercial US Value & Access organization.
- Monitor current drug information on a regular basis to ensure that information contained in product monographs are complete, accurate, and up-to-date.
- Additional responsibilities may include support of scientific advisory boards and other meetings, and organized customer team semester meetings.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The mature professional we seek is a strong performer with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Experience in medical communication with relevant years of experience
- Doctorate degree and 2 years experience Or
- Masters degree and 6 years experience Or
- Bachelors degree and 8 years experience Or
- Associates degree and 10 years experience Or
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of experience
- PharmD, PhD, MD, or DO with relevant experience in clinical research, patient care, clinical development, Medical/Scientific Affairs, and/or basic research. Other doctorate degrees may be considered.
- 3+ years of experience in a managed care or other payer organization (e.g., coordinated delivery network, drug information service)
- Prior experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development within the biopharmaceutical industry, and/or clinical or research experience
- An understanding of the pharmaceutical commercialization process and knowledge of the regulatory and legal guidelines affecting promotion of prescription products
- Aptitude in writing and presenting on scientific, clinical, and economic data
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational, time management, and project planning skills with ability for self-direction
- Consistent track record of strategic execution in a matrix environment with limited supervision
- The ability to work in teams and interface in a dynamic environment across corporate functions
Open to remoteThrive
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.