Data Science Engineer
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you are part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Senior Data Science EngineerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will advance our, Center for Design and Analysis (CfDA) Data Science team's, mission to provide advanced analytics that inform the scientific & operational design of Amgen's clinical trials and help to unlock new insights from clinical trial patient data
- Collaborate with data scientists to analyze and select appropriate data models and algorithms that focus on improving clinical trials across multiple therapeutic areas leveraging diverse data.
- Design, write, and test data / ML pipelines and other advanced analytic / visualization solutions.
- Collect business requirements / user stories for new or enhancements to existing analytic solutions.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives.
- Train users in the use of solutions provided by the CfDA Data Science organization.
- Lead process improvement initiatives.
- Adhere to Amgen Policies, SOPs, and other controlled documents.
- Participate in the development and review of CfDA Data Sciences Policies, SOPs, and other controlled documents.
- Participate in external professional organizations, conferences and/or meetings.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The analytical professional we seek is an innovator with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience as a Machine Learning Engineer, Data Engineer, Software Engineer, or Data Scientist
- A proven experience developing production-level advance analytic solutions.
- An Understanding of data structures, data modeling, and software architecture.
- A proven ability to write robust code in R / Python
- A working understanding of common machine learning algorithms and approaches (NNs, RF classifiers, Ensemble methods, NLP etc.) and when to use them.
- Proficiency in Linux operating system and associated shell commands.
- A translator able to communicate complex concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrable ability to work in teams and serve as a technical mentor to junior team members.
- Experience working effectively in a globally dispersed team environment.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, Informatics, Statistics, Mathematics, Life Sciences, or similar field
- A working knowledge of one or more relevant industry data standards (e.g., CDISC SDTM, CDISC ADaM, HL7 BRIDG, OMOP)
- Drug Development (pre-, early, late and/or observational) in related industries or academic research)
- Proficient understanding of distributed compute / data processing technology (e.g., Apache Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Python Dask).
- Hands-on experience using Databricks or Apache Spark (i.e., PySpark, SparkR, or Scala) and understanding best practices.
- Expert with version control (e.g., Git).
- Experience in building and deploying analytic solutions in a cloud environment.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to self-direct.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.