Mechanic I/II, Maintenance (Utilities/HVAC)
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Reporting to a Maintenance Manager / Supervisor, incumbent will be responsible for the maintenance and operation of utility equipment (GMP & non-GMP), facility HVAC, and production/process equipment. Incumbent will engage in supporting operations functions and the execution of maintenance tasks.·Shift Hours: 6pm-6am ·Shift Days: Wed/Thu/Fri and every other Sat.
- Works closely with Quality, Engineering and Operations groups to ensure strict compliance with GMP guidelines at all times, specifically to ensure that the equipment is maintained in GMP compliance.
- Maintains and performs corrective, preventative maintenance on utility equipment (GMP & non-GMP), facility HVAC, and production/process equipment.
- Provides recommendations for spare parts and PM procedures for equipment.
- Supports other departments/areas to troubleshoot, test, repair, and optimize, equipment.
- Participates in the continuous improvement efforts within the site Maintenance Program.
- Responsible to respond to alarms throughout the facility.
- Executes maintenance work for various customers with minimal interruptions.
- Works with contract service providers and support contractors executing maintenance activities.
- Provides support for start-up, commissioning and turnover of new systems throughout the site.
- Uses tools and software (CMMS, PAS, Pi, PLCs, LIMS, SAP) required to resolve equipment and process issues within all technical competencies.
- Assists other technicians and associates.
- High school diploma with 3+ years’ relevant industry experience or an associate’s degree in relevant technical discipline with 2+ years of experience OR equivalent.
- Experience and knowledge of maintenance principles within a cGMP Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Experience in maintenance of utilities (GMP & non-GMP), HVAC, and other related systems and equipment
- Knowledge of DCS, PLC, and/or Building Automation Systems (BAS) control systems.
- Proven knowledge of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot systems in an industrial environment required
- Ability to plan and organize tasks.
- Interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills (written and oral) are required in order to interface across management levels and departments.