Associate Scientist - Autoimmunity & Inflammation / In Vivo
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Associate Scientist - Autoimmunity & Inflammation / In VivoLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be part of a fast-paced, integrated and interactive research group using in vivo models and techniques to explore therapeutics for Autoimmunity, Inflammation and Cancer Immunotherapy programs. The Senior Associate will be responsible for generating pharmacology data to support the progression of inflammation research teams.
Specific responsibilities will include conducting in vivo and in vitro assays. In vivo work will include small animal handling techniques such as mouse disease model induction and monitoring, oral, sc and iv dosing, blood and tissue collection. In vitro work includes a range of cellular assays and molecular biological techniques to help interpret in vivo observations. Other responsibilities include operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment, accurate, timely record keeping and data analysis.Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified candidate we seek is a professional with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Master's degree and 2 years of scientific experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of scientific experiencPreferred Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree with 3+ years of scientific experience in an industry setting
- Hands on experience with small rodents and administering drugs through various routes
- Hands on experience with molecular and cellular biological techniques
- Research experience with mouse models of cancer, inflammation and cancer immunotherapy
- Computer literacy is essential, especially proficiency with Graphpad Prism, Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Excellent organizational along with the ability to work in a flexible team-oriented environment
- Attention to detail, translating into high quality results
- The Associate Scientist will also be pro-active, enthusiastic, show a desire to learn and be a part of a busy, highly productive team
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.