Supplier Relationship Management Manager
Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new sciences promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient. Amgen therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve peoples lives.
As a key member of the Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) organization, the Manager in Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) will be responsible for establishing strategic partnerships with top suppliers, working with these suppliers to deliver new opportunities for improved business results, leveraging performance results to drive improved outcomes, optimizing our internal processes to drive value for our ongoing relationships, and partnering with Amgen executives to facilitate streamlined engagement with our strategic partners.
For each supplier relationship, the Manager will lead the development of clear outcomes with defined key performance indicators, establish cross-functional governance teams, and facilitate Steering Committee and Quarterly Business Review meetings to drive mutual value creation. The Manager will become a trusted advisor to senior executives and their team members. The Manager will drive the transformation of the SRM Team to advance supplier management capabilities, processes, and metrics. The Manager will also support Sourcing Team related projects and transformation initiatives on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborates with cross-functional executives to manage supplier relationships through SRM programs
- Establishes clear outcomes/goals, defines key performance indicators, and engages the business partners to achieve objectives
- Facilitates Executive Steering Committee and Quarterly Business Review meetings with Amgen business partners and suppliers to drive mutual value creation
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative analysis to support the development of business cases for innovation opportunities and process improvements
- Advises Category Managers and Engagement Leads on how to establish SRM programs, shares best practices, and recommends solutions that will achieve the desired outcomes
- Applies general knowledge of biopharma industry and ability to research / learn / synthesize findings on innovation opportunities, process improvements, and risks
- Drives the transformation of the SRM Team to advance supplier management capabilities, processes, and metrics.
- Leverages problem-solving skills to bring structure to vaguely defined problems
- Engages in critical Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) projects that drive value for the team
Bachelors degree and 4 years of Sourcing, Management Consulting or Project Management experience
Associates degree and 8 years of Sourcing, Management Consulting or Project Management experience
High school diploma / GED and 10 years of Sourcing, Management Consulting or Project Management experience
- MBA or masters degree
- Combination of: management consulting, and/or corporate procurement or sourcing background
- Knowledge of supplier management, sourcing, or project management
- Strong analysis experience, developing metrics, reports, and analytical models
- Ability to analyze, summarize, and present insights based on the needs of the audience
- Goal oriented and results driven
- Ability to lead and manage tasks from concept to completion
- Quick learner, proactive, and takes initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills, active listening, and relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly and effectively present information
- Ability to take ambiguous ideas and shape them into clear business opportunities, and deliver tangible results
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our talented Tampa team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.