Research Associate, Analytical Separations
Vaxart is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing a range of oral recombinant vaccines based on its proprietary delivery platform. Vaxart vaccines are administered using convenient room temperature-stable tablets that can be stored and shipped without refrigeration.
Vaxart has demonstrated that its proprietary tablet vaccine delivery platform is suitable to deliver recombinant vaccines, positioning the company to develop oral versions of currently marketed vaccines and to design recombinant vaccines for new indications. Its development programs currently include tablet vaccines designed to protect against coronavirus, norovirus, seasonal influenza and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), as well as a therapeutic vaccine for human papillomavirus (HPV), Vaxart’s first immuno-oncology indication.
Our mission is the promotion of global health through the development of effective vaccines that can be administered by tablet rather than by injection, providing for the simple and efficient distribution and administration of safe vaccines in any setting.
Multiple positions are available: Research Associate II to Senior Research Associate
The Research Associate will be responsible for executing analytical bio-separation techniques with a focus on both Capillary Electrophoresis (CE) and HPLC-based protein characterization for development and manufacture of Ad5 vectors used for oral vaccines. Familiarity with capillary and column chromatography techniques including IEF, SDS PAGE, SEC, reverse phase and analytical ion-exchange is required. You will be responsible for executing experiments to support method development and analyzing samples to support product and process characterization.
- Executes experiments to support method development and performs sample analysis to support product and process characterization studies.
- Work with supervisor to design and then independently execute experimental protocols towards method development.
- Support the writing and/or review of protocols, assay development reports, standard operating procedures, and other technical reports in support of method and process development activities.
- Assures that results are properly transcribed, archived and communicated.
- Assures that training and compliance records for themselves are up to date and appropriate. Assures that all safety procedures are followed.
- Proactively communicates with internal and external stakeholders and supervisor, as well as peers.
- B.S. or M.S. in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related scientific discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience in analysis of biological samples is required.
- Experience with HPLC and CE techniques and software systems is required.
- Prior experience with analytical method development and validation is required.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and viral vector production in plus.
- Team player, good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills is required.
Vaxart offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a bonus program, stock options, 401K with employer matching, tuition assistance, and work life balance.
Vaxart is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. Vaxart does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.