Associate Director, Global Marketing - Multiple Myeloma
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
We have a critical position in our Global Marketing & Commercial Operations group responsible for driving the launch for one of AbbVie’s late-stage oncology assets, in Multiple Myeloma (MM).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develops and articulates effective marketing strategies that are impactful, executable, easily communicated, and clinically supported for areas of responsibility (product/indication/channel).
- Demonstrates ability to segment a market, select optimal target audiences and position effectively for the target segment.
- Creates high-impact promotional material that supports strategic objectives.
- Lead and manage indirect teams and external partnerships to execute key marketing initiatives.
- Continually evaluates and applies knowledge of the effectiveness (share impact/ROI) and efficiency (expense control) of promotional tactics.
- Effectively manages projects to deliver high-quality work product in a timely fashion (meets deadlines). Ensures that regulatory guidelines are followed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of industry information sources.
- Uses appropriate data sources to evaluate effectiveness of promotion (ROI/share impact analysis) and develop business strategy.
- Effectively directs research team efforts in primary research projects.
- Demonstrates and utilizes holistic understanding of financial planning.
- Significant pharmaceutical experience with specialty products (10 years), including minimum 5 years of marketing experience.
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand medical/clinical aspects of a pharmaceutical product and its application to marketing strategy.
- Previous experience within Marketing-Oncology required (hematology experience strongly preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have positive attitude, strong written and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent planning and organization skills to support brand objectives.
- Oncology and/or Launch Experience is highly desirable but not required.
- Must have the ability to effectively collaborate with, motivate and influence various levels/grades within the organization and outside of the organization.
- MBA and/or scientific background and/or Global experience would be a plus.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Demonstrates strong cross functional and cross geographical influence and leading without authority capability.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns, fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.