Associate Scientist or Research Associate, Immunology and Cell Biology
Arcellx is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel, adaptive and controllable cell therapies for the treatment of patients with cancer and autoimmune diseases. The company is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland and has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development.
We are seeking multiple Research Associate/Associate Scientist candidates to join our Cell Biology group within the Research department. The Cell Biology group is responsible for biological testing and characterization of all our cell therapy products in the pipeline. In this lab-based role, you will support an experienced cross-functional team spanning all phases of drug development including discovery, target validation, lead ID / optimization and related translational studies. You will employ a variety of cell-based techniques to understand the mechanism of action of drugs in the pipeline as well as to push the boundaries of new cell therapy technologies. You will use your expertise in cell biology / immunology to design and conduct laboratory experiments, develop methodology, and generate and interpret scientific data in a highly collaborative environment.
- Cell culture, including manipulation of primary human immune cells is a requirement
- Transfect, electroporate, and virally transduce established cell lines and primary human immune cells
- Design, execute, and analyze flow cytometry experiments
- Characterize T-cell activity with functional assays including in vitro cytotoxicity, proliferation, and cytokine measurement via ELISA
- Utilize common software including GraphPad Prism, WORD, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, and Flow Cytometry Analysis Software (FlowJo) to analyze, record and present your results
- Effective and timely communication of results
- BS. or M.S. degree and 1+ years relevant laboratory experience (job level to be adjusted based on amount of prior experience)
- Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods
• Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods.
• Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Sense of urgency in performance of duties.
• Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment.
• Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills.
Without exception, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered for these positions and must have experience in one of the fields listed above.