Warehouse Associate - 1st Shift
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
Role: Warehouse Associate
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for performing administrative and physical tasks in the materials management function including, shipping, receiving, inventory control, and delivery of materials. Loads, unloads, and/or conveys materials throughout the site; verifies quantity, weight, and conformance of materials utilizing matching protocol; prepares records of materials shipped.
This position is 1st shift, 6:00AM - 2:30PM, Thursday - Sunday.
- Support Manufacturing, Warehousing, Inventory Control, and Distribution activities for the Baltimore facility in accordance with cGMP regulations and related SOPs
- Update and maintain inventory control system
- Coordinate transportation and logistics as required to support the shipping activities of licensed product as well as other materials, products, equipment, etc.
- Operate forklift and related warehouse equipment to ensure an organized and safe warehouse
- Generate appropriate export controls and documentation
- Arrange, monitor, and track shipments to ensure smooth transit through the logistical path – including international shipping
- Ensure required materials are received in order to support EMOB manufacturing activities
- Maintain safe warehouse environment
- Conduct EMOB Cycle Counting program through SAP
- Participate in Physical Inventory
- Maintain compliance with Sarbanes Oxley controls in warehouse and Supply Chain activities
- Assist in promoting Supply Chain objectives throughout the organization
- Assist as needed in the support of manufacturing operations and Supply Chain to assure objectives are met
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills
- High School diploma required; Associate degree preferred
- 2-3 years of Supply Chain Management experience and training preferably in a
manufacturing, pharmaceutical, or biotech environment is a plus
- ERP experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- IATA Certification preferred
- Forklift experience preferred; forklift certification a plus
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs of weight if required
- Knowledgeable in export documentation and controls
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong attention to details
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.