Human Resources Advisor
We are currently searching for a Human Resources Advisor to provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide expert organizational development advice and assistance to staff in achieving higher levels of performance for their entire organizations, work with staff on change management, team building, conflict management and resolution, retreat design and facilitation and customized training.
- Provide expert advice to senior management on areas of leadership, learning, and development to enhance the overall organizational capability, talent development and retention.
- Provide expert advice and assistance with management of leadership training and development to enhance employee and organizational performance.
- Provide expert advice and assistance with management of employee development to enhance employee and organizational performance.
- Engage team in discussions regarding options, strategies and alternatives for improving processes, structure, functions and roles, performance measures, governance, employee satisfaction, morale and organizational culture.
- Advise staff of organizational and administrative changes to improve productivity and performance of team and Division.
- Provides experience needed to conceptualize, develop and provides guidance to staff on human resource HR policies and procedures.
- Analyzes existing policies and training methods and provides suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinates and assists in providing human resource training to staff.
- Provides specialized advice in one or more of the following areas: training, organizational development, performance management, legal requirements or conflict resolutions.
- Provides individual advising sessions to keep staff up to date on new human resource HR policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with upper management regarding human resource HR policies and issues.
- Collaborates with upper management regarding human resource HR policies and issues; develops performance plans to ensure employees and supervisors are aware of and are following the correct HR policies and procedures.
- Evaluates complex human resource HR and work-related problems.
- Develop new work management strategies and advises on new policies, procedures and educational programs.
- Master of Science in Organization Development or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience.
- Expert knowledge of the field of organization development and state-of-the-art models.
- Experience facilitating small groups, large groups, leadership training and development programs.
- Experience and knowledge of state-of-the-art leadership training and development.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with senior leaders.
The proposed salary range for this position is $89,000 to $114,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors such as geography, experience, certifications, etc.Company Description
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.