Senior Scientist - Translational Safety (Open to remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.Senior Scientist - Translational SafetyLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Amgen is seeking a project toxicologist at the Senior Scientist level to work in the Department of Translational Safety and Bioanalytical Sciences (TS&BA), preferably at our South San Francisco or Thousand Oaks facility. In this vital role you will contribute in the drug development process from target identification and validation through product registration and post marketing activities.Primary responsibilities of the Senior Scientist include:
- Develop in-depth understanding and strategy for management of target liabilities.
- Develop and implement toxicology strategy for lead optimization and candidate selection.
- Design and implement nonclinical investigative toxicology studies.
- Manage and analyze a wide range of datasets and literature.
- Conduct studies and participate in activities related to the Investigational New Drug (IND) application and market authorization.
- Work in multi-disciplinary cross-site teams.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a Senior Scientist with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree & 2 years of scientific experience.
Masters degree & 5 years of scientific experience.
Bachelors degree & 7 years of scientific experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in a biological science (e.g. Molecular/Cellular biology, Immunology, Toxicology, Endocrinology, Cardiology, Biochemistry, Physiology, or Pathology).
- Post-doctoral research experience in toxicology, or another specialty discipline (e.g. Immunology, Molecular/Cellular Biology, Biochemistry or Reproductive/Developmental Biology).
- 3+ years of academic and/or industry experience in nonclinical drug development demonstrating a sustained record of achievement and the ability to understand translational biology.
- Board certification in toxicology.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience resolving scientific problems through the establishment of novel protocols.
- The ability to critically evaluate, interpret and integrate large datasets and literature.
- An understanding of cutting-edge science and technology employed to enhance the investigation of drug candidate safety liabilities.
- The ability to work independently, build productive cross-functional collaborations, manage conflict, multi-task, and prioritize.
- Demonstrated learning agility, resilience, teamwork skills, and leadership skills.
- Interest and ability to serve as a subject matter expert in a specific discipline.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.