Principal Scientist, Clinical Pharmacology
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.Principal Scientist, Clinical Pharmacology
Biotechnology opened the door to new types of medicines based on natures own building blocks. No company has done more to advance this revolution than Amgen & the companys broad toolkit of drug modalities just got larger https://www.amgenscience.com/features/the-shape-of-drugs-to-come/
The Clinical Pharmacology, Modeling & Simulation Department at Amgen is seeking a Principal Scientist, Clinical Pharmacology for its San Francisco, CA location. This position reports to Director, Clinical Pharmacology Hematology Oncology Therapeutic Area Leader.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will as
The Principal Scientist of Clinical Pharmacology will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometric strategies for cutting-edge novel modalities including Bi-specific T-cell engagers, Bi-specific antibodies, oncolytic viruses, antibody-drug-conjugates, CAR-T cells based immunotherapies in addition to small molecule & mono-clonal antibodies. The Principal Scientist will be a Subject Matter Professional of clinical pharmacology who will apply Model-Based Drug Development and principles of quantitative clinical pharmacology to ensure optimal drug development and will represent the Clinical Pharmacology, Modeling & Simulation Department at the global drug development teams.Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Dynamic professional we seek is a go getter with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Doctorate degree and 3 years of Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry experience
- Masters degree and 5 years of Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry experience
- Bachelors degree and 7 years of Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry experience
- PhD (in Pharmacokinetics or Pharmaceutics or Pharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent professional degrees e.g. MD, PharmD).
- 5+ years of experience in Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics in the Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Established track-record of experience in designing strategic integrated clinical pharmacology & modeling & simulation plans in support of development of small molecule and therapeutic proteins.
- Hands-on experience in quantitative clinical pharmacology approaches including Population Pharmacokinetics and Population Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic modeling and simulation and Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic modeling and simulation.
- Experience in leading the design and execution of clinical pharmacology and biopharmaceutic studies including bioequivalence, bio-comparability, drug-drug interaction, special population, ethnic sensitivity, ADME and pediatric studies and integrating results into regulatory filings, and product labels.
- Established track-record of Model Based Drug Development.
- Established track-record of interaction with global health authorities, authoring regulatory documents, knowledge of global regulatory requirements and guidance.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.