Scientist - Bioanalytical Science
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Scientist - Bioanalytical ScienceLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will develop, validate, and implement robust LC-MS bioanalytical methods for small and large molecule therapeutics, including oligonucleotides, proteins, and complex molecular entities. This is an excellent opportunity for career growth and to be a champion for innovation within the broader bioanalytical community. TS&BA has state of the art LC-MS instrumentation including QQQ and HRMS systems, and well-established frameworks and processes for regulated bioanalysis. Primary responsibilities include:
- Explore novel approaches to regulated bioanalysis such as hybrid LC-MS and/or HRMS methods for LM drugs, high sensitivity microflow approaches, patient centric sampling, and immunogenicity assessment.
- Develop, validate, and execute bioanalytical methods for a broad range of analytes.
- Directly interface with clinical pharmacology, toxicology, ligand binding assay (LBA), immunogenicity, and biomarker colleagues to lead LC-MS efforts on challenging projects.
- Communicate data to key discovery/development teams, publish manuscripts, and present at scientific professional meetings.
- Author study reports, standard operating procedures, analytical methods, memos, and other documents as needed in compliance with regulatory expectations.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a Scientist with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Masters degree and 4 years of laboratory-based research experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 6 years of laboratory-based research experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Experienced in biological sciences or analytical chemistry with an emphasis on large molecule LC-MS.
- Strong technical expertise combined with a strong foundation in biological systems.
- Experienced in microflow or nanoflow chromatography, multidimensional chromatography workflows, and analyte enrichment from biological matrices (including immunoprecipitation).
- Strong background in bottom-up approaches, specifically in surrogate peptide optimization.
- Experienced in primary vendor (SCIEX/Thermo) and third-party software packages for optimizing small and large molecule workflows.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience resolving scientific problems through the establishment of novel protocols.
- The ability to work independently, build productive cross-functional collaborations, manage conflict, multi-task, and prioritize.
- Demonstrated learning agility, resilience, and teamwork skills.
- Plans, conducts, analyzes and records experiments, and provides interpretation of data.
- Works in accordance with organization and department compliance, safety and quality requirements and SOPs.
- Ability to communicate key concepts cross-functionally and train BA team members in LM LC-MS/MS workflows.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.