Senior Principal Scientist, Bioinformatics, Molecular Discovery
We are seeking a talented, experienced bioinformatics researcher to join Pfizer’s BioMedicine Design organization located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The successful candidate will join a small team of computational biologists and software engineers to develop a broad array of computational and database tools in support of cutting-edge approaches to early stage biotherapeutic discovery. Areas of active research include monoclonal antibodies, protein therapeutics, gene therapy, and mRNA-based therapeutics.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining applications to enable capture and analysis of data to accelerate discovery and enable decision making that drives biotherapeutic projects across a broad range of disease areas. This includes processing and analysis of NexGen Sequencing data as well as assay data and the results of predictive AI models.
- Working within a team of laboratory scientists, data scientists, and internal and external software developers to rapidly specify, implement, and deploy fit-to-purpose software tools.
- Manage developer project teams to create useful tools in an agile environment
- Ph.D. and postdoctoral research with 4-8 years of additional industry or academic experience in a related area such as computational biochemistry, bioinformatics, computer science, or a related field.
- Demonstrated track record of successful implementation of web-based tools for scientific data management and analysis.
- Strong software development skills ideally including object-oriented programming and full stack web application development.
- Strong background in molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field ideally with an understanding of basic immunology and antibody biochemistry.
- Basic understanding of pharmaceutical discovery process.
- Understanding of relational database technology and competence with SQL. Ability to design relational schemas to represent real-world data. Ability to design complex queries to generate clear representations of data from complex relational schemas.
- Ability to design easy to use intuitive user interfaces.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with a broad range of scientists across multiple disciplines
- Experience leading software teams combining internal and external resources”
Additional Job Information
- Last Date to Apply: August 6, 2021