Research Associate II-Biology Research Histology
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Biology Research department at BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. is seeking to hire a highly motivated individual at the Research Associate level. The ideal candidate would provide analytical support and work closely with a group of committed scientists to bring exciting new therapies to the clinic. Applicants should have experience in basic histologic techniques, immunohistochemical assays, in situ hybridization assays, mammalian cell culture, confocal microscopy, imaging and image analysis. The ideal candidate for this position should be highly motivated, think critically, and be able to work both independently as well as collaborate with a team on a regular basis. In addition, the candidate should possess excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Performing Immunohistochemical and In Situ Hybridization Assays
- Performing basic histologic techniques (including but not limited to): Fixation, Embedding, Sectioning, and Staining
- Epifluorescence and Confocal Microscopy
- Assay development
- Performing mammalian cell line maintenance and cell based assays.
- Execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
- Good critical thinking and attention to details are required.
- Experience performing immunohistochemical and in situ hybridization assays
- Experience with Microscopy
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.