At SAB Biotherapeutics (SAB), we’re using the sophistication of science and genius of nature to change the landscape of human health. Our team of scientists, researchers and professionals has made it their life's work–with technology and tenacity–to pioneer a new powerful platform to make an impact that’s global + personal. Through advanced genetic engineering and antibody science, we are dedicated to advancing a new class of immunotherapies, leveraging the native human immune response, with first-in-class and best-in-class potential across broad therapeutic categories including autoimmune, inflammation, infectious disease and immune-oncology. SAB-185, is among the elite therapy candidates for COVID-19, advancing with Operation Warp Speed. As true innovation, our novel platform is also being developed in a rapid response capacity for future pandemic response.
The assistant controller is responsible for all aspects of accounting for our manufacturing processes and inventories. The assistant controller also assists the controller with the month end financial closing process, account reconciliations, and audit requests as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cost accounting- responsible for proper allocation of all costs within our manufacturing process. This responsibility includes setup of standard costs, tracking of variances, and tracking of all inputs into the manufacturing process. Forecast costs for production planning and budgets for government grants.
- Inventory – responsible for accounting for all inventory related transactions, maintenance of the cycle count program and appropriate inventory reserves.
- General Ledger – complete journal entries, account reconciliations, and assist with the month end financial close as directed by the controller. Assist with audit requests as needed.
- Assist in other areas as needed.
Attention to detail, great communication and organizational skills are required for this position. The assistant controller oversees the accounting for our manufacturing processes, as well as all transactions that impact our inventories. As part of this process, the assistant controller:
- Communicates with the department managers on a regular basis to ensure that standard costs are accurate and any significant production variances are understood (and corrective actions taken, if any).
- Forecasts production costs and inventories to assist with production planning and budgets/spend plans for government grants.
- Maintains the cycle count program - interacts with employees to ensure that inventories are accurate and counted on a regular basis.
The analysis of production costs will also be integral to our future growth, as opportunities to take advantage of production efficiencies should become available to us as we scale our manufacturing capacity and become more experienced with our manufacturing processes.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- BS degree in accounting or related field
- Experience (5+ years) in a cost accountant or above position is required, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Individual should possess strong communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) as well as the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small groups.
Basic mathematical skills to consist of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand and sit. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this individual include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will view a computer monitor for long periods of time.
Normal office environment with some exposure to lab areas. The noise level in the working environment is usually moderate.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.