Associate Director, Patient Support Services
Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women's health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to redefine care for women and for men through purpose-driven science, empowering medicines, and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly energized, experienced individual for the position of Associate Director, Patient Support Services, Reimbursement Manager Lead. The position reports to the Senior Director, Patient Support Services. The location of the position is remote.
We are continuing to buildout an exciting patient support program team at Myovant Sciences. This person will have proven ability to successfully design, build, train and support a multifunctional team delivering exceptional customer service within the prostate cancer/women's health population. This person will have oversight of two outsourced virtual reimbursement manager teams.
This role will function as the subject matter expert for all reimbursement manager field execution and vendor management (prostate cancer/women's health). This role offers a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced and matrix environment during a launch year with cross functional Myovant and Pfizer teams (Market Access, Brand, Sales, Marketing, Legal/Compliance, Medical, and IT) partnered to support patient access. The candidate will make sure all virtual reimbursement manager field execution launch activities are completed on time and to ensure best in class patient services are brought to patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of patient centric programs which result in positive customer experience.
- Lead and manage two outsourced virtual reimbursement manager (VRM) vendors for both prostate cancer and women's health.
- Execute on company strategies related to reimbursement initiatives and education with HCP office staff.
- Develop and implement on reimbursement manager field execution strategies, team organization, educational campaigns for internal and external partners.
- Collaborate with patient support services closely to ensure feedback loop from customers to enhance patient services.
- Work in a cross-functional Myovant and Pfizer teams which includes market access, marketing, field sales, training, compliance, legal, and finance relating to reimbursement manager support.
- Define and monitor performance of the virtual reimbursement manager activities.
- Review and analyze data reporting from the vendors to identify issues, trends, and potential interventions to ensure team excellence.
- Provide activities reports and reimbursement manager team progress to the Senior Director, Patient Support Services.
- Support all new product and program launch implementation activities.
- Participate in the strategic planning for upcoming launches, launch meetings, market access team meetings, and other opportunities to interact with management and senior management in the organization.
- Work closely with Senior Director, Patient Support Services, to identify strategies and tactics that align with marketing strategic imperatives.
- Collaborate effectively with Pfizer teams to develop and execute reimbursement manager strategy.
- Attend patient meetings and represent Myovant Sciences at industry conferences.
- Travel to sales meetings and medical offices, as necessary.
- (40%) Lead VRM team and supervise performance against critical metrics and business objectives.
- (30%) Interface with customer, external parties, and internal stakeholders.
- (25%) Internal cross-functional support, education, and collaboration
- (5%) Team Development and Ad Hoc Projects
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Patient-centric and service-oriented mindset.
- Must be a team player with strong self-awareness and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be results oriented, have attention to detail, be accurate, prompt, and able to meet established deadlines, including ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously and deliver results.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without authority and successfully partner with cross-functional teams.
- Working knowledge and experience with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Effective time management and organization skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company.
- Ability to multi-task under limited direction and on own initiative.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with limited direction.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Position requires 25% travel to vendor locations, conferences, brand meetings, etc.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science is required
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or consulting industry.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience managing reimbursement manager team (either outsourced or in-house).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working closely with patient support programs including copay, cost sharing programs, affordability design, and hub models for pharmacy benefit (Commercial and Part D) products.
- Comprehend the complex environment of the specialty market, retail market, reimbursement/access challenges, as well as the OIG/legal guidelines for offering patient support programs.
- Previous experience directly managing patient and provider support hubs or services to ensure patient access to treatment.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems (CRM) and technology/web tools.
- Training experience is a plus.
- Extremely detail oriented to create and manage program documents.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity