Strategic Initiatives Lead (Director)
At Pfizer, our mission is to inspire a best-in-class culture of continuous improvement and project management that empowers colleagues and enables simple, effective processes. Whether you are managing projects or liaising with others, your contribution in this team will help in making our work easier and faster so that we can deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives.What You Will Achieve
Your organizational skills will help us integrate our continuous improvement programs across the organization, both vertically and horizontally. Thanks to your knowledge and skills, it will be ensured that the improvement programs yield results and strengthen the overall business strategies.
Your leadership skills and innovative ideas with drive the growth of the Continuous improvement team at Pfizer. As an advisor and an expert, you will be able to build and use constructive relationships across the organization to achieve your division’s goals and objectives. You will be entrusted with developing Pfizer’s strategies for a portfolio of products and projects.
Through your expertise and extensive knowledge, you will be able to foster a culture that promotes innovation and thrives on doing better for Pfizer’s patients and healthcare.How You Will Achieve It
- The Strategic Initiatives Lead provides strategy and leadership in the planning, development and implementation of overall business processes improvement activities to the GPD organization.
- The candidate will provide a combination of business expertise, program and project management, and change management skills to ensure successful execution of critical and high impact business change initiatives; either directly or through partnership with colleagues across GPD.
- The candidate will seek opportunities to find new and innovative ways to transform the GPD business through partnerships across the Organization.
Program and Portfolio Management:
- Provide program and portfolio management leadership to GPD enterprise and line based initiatives
- Prioritize, monitor and coordinate strategic initiatives portfolio, ensuring transparency of schedules, risks and interdependencies
- Monitor assigned portfolio of projects and corresponding milestones to identify risks to delivery.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation plans to ensure program/project delivery
- Work with Strategic Initiatives Head, Business Operations and Sourcing and Functional Line Leadership to review project portfolio, prioritize projects and establish resource commitments (budget and manpower).
- Project definition including the development of the business case and justification, development of project charters, resource requirements, and project roadmap.
- Manage projects in a collaborative model with cross functional partners to ensure successful end to end execution of project activities through management of the project schedule, resources, budget, issues and risks with timely status reporting.
- Manage implementation planning and program/project execution
- Manage delivery of work products according to the plan
- Manage changes in scope and deliverables, budget, schedule and resource needs
- Proactively surface and/or escalate potential project-related issues with go-forward recommendations to Sponsors and GPD Leaders
- Ensures effective Change Management processes are in place to ensure smooth implementation of business changes
Strategy & Planning:
- Use innovative business thinking to challenge the status quo and drive identification, quantification and proposal of business solutions, resulting in a reduction to overall burden on GPD.
- Apply knowledge of the project portfolio, the key business drivers, and anticipated regulatory and compliance changes for GPD to influence the strategic direction of new projects and proposals.
- Lead and support opportunity assessments and solution development across GPD and Operations Center of Excellence
- Provide insights to drive business prioritization, decision-making and innovation
- Develop and sustain constructive partnerships between business and technical groups to ensure success of projects.
- Ensure effective, accurate and timely communication across the project; prepares and delivers regular updates on project status, both in written and presentation format to sponsors, Business Operations and Sourcing leaders and stakeholder groups.
- Business Execution Skills – Translates strategic priorities intooperational reality; aligns communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
- Project management certification or equivalent is a plus.
- Lean/Six-Sigma training/certification is a plus
- Training and/or certification in Accelerated Implementation Methodology (AIM) is required
- Coaching/Mentoring: Able to coach fellow Strategic Initiatives team members and those outside of Strategic Initiatives on Continuous Improvement, Project Management, or Change Management tools and techniques to improve overall project execution
- Strategic Thinking: Integrating disparate and complex information into actionable and measurable plans that drive increased organizational effectiveness/efficiencies.
- Communication Skills: Able to communicate complex information and analyses to a variety of scientific and non-scientific audiences in written and oral capacities.
- Negotiating Skills: Can negotiate skillfully in challenging situations with multiple stakeholder demands that can be internal and external to Pfizer. Ability to be direct and diplomatic. Gains trust and professional respect of cross functional team members.
- Bachelors degree plus 14 years experience or MS/MA degree plus 12 years of work experience, demonstrating excellent performance. Degree(s) should be in an engineering, science, business management or information technology discipline.
- 10 or more years experience in drug development with an understanding of clinical trial operations, pharmacovigilance and/or regulatory submissions activities preferred.
- Develops innovative solutions/ideas in his/her own area or influence. Eliminates barriers to innovation; reinforces innovative behaviors in others by promoting their importance.
- Knowledge of global regulations (e.g. FDA, EMA, ICH, etc.) preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in relating to colleagues and associates both inside and outside the organization plus established history of building collaborations and partnerships is required.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a matrix team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Other Job Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: 08/09/21
Additional Location Information: USA - CT - Groton; United States - California - La Jolla; United States - Connecticut - Remote; United States - New Jersey - Peapack; United States - New York - Manhattan; United States - Pennsylvania - Collegeville
NO- Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Continuous Imprv and Proj Mgmt#LI-PFE