Our focus is on patients and understanding the critical role our medicines play to produce better health outcomes. As a cross functional team of experts, we create and execute comprehensive market access strategies through the integration of pricing and reimbursement, health technology assessment, evidence-based medicine review, and health economic modeling activities. Your expertise and innovative approach will enhance the value of our medicines and the impact to patient outcomes.Role Responsibilities
You will be expected to have the ability to learn or have a general working knowledge of Managed Care (Commercial, Part D, Medicare, Medicaid, Healthcare Insurance Exchanges) Specialty Contracting channels (Specialty Pharmacy, , Specialty Distributors), Institutional systems (GPO, LTC, hospital), general concepts of healthcare law and regulations, and how Government Pricing may be impacted by Commercial contracting, in order to develop contract proposals and agreements that maximize product utilization and profitability while ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations, pricing guidelines, portfolio management, and brand strategy.
You will develop contract proposals and agreements based on your analysis of profit/loss, ROI, product and market trending analysis, using Pfizer modeling systems, as well as Microsoft Office, Business Objects (BO), FLEX, and SAP, and present recommendations to upper management for approval; assistance and support from Sr. Contract Manager, Director/Team Leader, and Strategy Leads may be necessary. You may be involved in, in collaboration with additional Pfizer personnel, direct negotiations with Pfizer customers. You may need to provide additional analysis and documents based on said negotiations. You will administer the executed agreement and manage contracts during their term, develop any amendments or communications to the customer that may be necessary, track contract lifecycle and product offers, analyze contract performance and report the results to Management. You will assist, in collaborate with internal stakeholders, the development of the annual operating budget and quarterly accrual/formulary tracking updates.
You will build and foster relationships with many cross-functional teams such as Contract Strategy, Legal, Trade, Sales, Account Management, Product Brand Teams, Compliance, Contract Operations, Business Technology, Government Pricing, Customer Service, Global Financial Services, Corporate Finance, Customer Analytics, and the Pfizer Business Units, in order to successfully manage the contract development lifecycle.
You may be tasked with any of a number of special projects that may be collaborative or single contributor in scope. These special projects may be assigned or individually developed out of the need for process improvement, increased operational efficiency, or training needs as they may arise.How You Will Achieve It
- Provide guidance, lead/co-lead projects, manage own time to meet objectives and plan resource requirements for projects across the division.
- Lead the overall access strategy in broad market and direct the customized strategy for covered regions/counties.
- Build and foster relationships with cross-functional teams and the Pfizer Business Units, in order to successfully manage the contract development lifecycle.
- Continue to develop knowledge and understanding of managed market environment and institutional customers.
- Gain knowledge of financial transactions across the pharmaceutical product distribution channel from wholesaler to pharmacy to institutions and through managed care pharmaceutical benefit.
- Support the development of strategies that will allow business growth and benchmark the market access of key competitors’ products.
- Provide guidance and direction to Account Management team on contract terms and conditions.
- Elaborate and submit all the documents together with the Pricing and Reimbursement (P&R) dossier, required for the negotiation of new products or line extensions within the planned deadlines.
- Undertake and / or commission price sensitivity research to optimize the co-pay or out-of-pocket pricing dynamics.
- Understand healthcare/reimbursement policy and the implications on national and provincial level.
- Support the inclusion of Pfizer products in the National Hospital formulary and Hospitals formularies.
- Partner with internal and external customers to identify, recommend and implement process improvements.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Required education: BA
- Relevant work experience in the pharmaceutical or financial industry, managed care, or contracting: 6+ yrs if BA degree, 3+ yrs if MS or MBA degree
- Comfortable working under constant deadlines, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to act without having the total picture
- Demonstrated effective collaboration with teams across an organization to drive processes and operations
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel including proficiency with pivot tables, charts, and formulas, and proficient working with large data files
- Demonstrated skills in analytical modeling
- Demonstrated proficiency in with MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook
- Ability to learn Pfizer contracting -related systems such as FLEX, Business Objects (BO), and SAP
- Preferred education but not required: MS, MBA
Other Job Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: August 10th 2021
Additional Location Information: New York, NY; Collegeville, PA
#LI-PFESunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Market Access