Senior Scientist, Purification Process Development, Bioprocess R&D
A Senior Scientist (level R4) position is available in the Purification Process Development, Bioprocess R&D. This position will join a larger team of scientists across multiple sites focused on developing and optimizing manufacturing processes for recombinant proteins and biological macromolecules for early- and late-phase clinical trials. The position will work across the Bioprocess R&D organization to characterize manufacturing processes using various in-silico tools such as statistical or mechanistic models and application of data science.
- Drive the growth of digital technologies at Pfizer for applications in process development
- Contribute to enhancing the ability to efficiently deliver a better exploration and utilization of the process data
- Code and create statistical and mechanistic models to characterize and provide expanded understanding of drug substance manufacturing processes
- Design and assist in the execution of laboratory studies
- Provide expanded analysis and understanding of laboratory results with the application of data sciences
- Improve the efficiency and quality of product development through utilization of scientific software, novel visualization tools, automated data provisioning pipelines
- Author reports, papers and prepare oral presentations for internal and external audiences
- Assist in authoring and review of regulatory submissions
- Bachelor’s degree with 9+ years of experience OR
- Master’s degree with 7 years of experience OR
- Ph. D. with 0-4 years of experience in biotechnology, engineering, data science, statistics, computer science, or related fields
- Familiarity with bioprocess development and regulatory requirements
- Experience with data analysis and modeling methods particularly in their application to bioprocess system engineering
- Experience in advances data analytics, machine learning methods, and software that provide new ways to build models, diagnose problems, and make informed decisions for biopharmaceutical processes.
- Strong statistics and programming background with proven experience delivering on data science, applications of machine learning a plus
- Experienced in development and application of novel algorithmic approaches to optimize processes and/or accelerate data-driven decisions.
- Experience in data mining, visualization, integration, and development of multivariate models in the bioprocess R&D context.
- Proficient in MATLAB, SQL, Python, and R
- Applicants should be bright, organized, self-motivated, and capable of working independently, and in a collaborative environment.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills. Strong analytical and computer skills are required.
- Experience in handling structured and non-structured data, computing infrastructures and open-source analytics tools, e.g. TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Familiarity with process analytical technologies
- Familiarity regulatory concepts
Work will be performed in a typical development laboratory environment and in GLP/GMP manufacturing facilities including the operations areas of pilot plants.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Occasional weekend work and travel to support clinical manufacturing.
Other Job Details:
- Last Day to apply: August 2, 2021
- Eligible for Relocation Assistance
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus