Manager, Program Manager
The Program Manager will work under the direction of the Drug Safety R&D/Comparative Medicine/PharmSci Creation Center Lead supporting the Biotherapeutics Pharmaceutical Sciences (BTXPS) organization to deliver key Digital solutions. The Program Manager is responsible for delivering technical solutions in a regulated space. This role requires strong collaboration across the team of other program managers, client partners, engineers, support staff, analysts and business subject matter experts. It also requires the ability to work independently with a focus on high quality deliverables and a strong sense of accountability. This role will require a strong desire for continuous learning to stay current with the rapidly evolving technology landscape.
This role is responsible to manage and deliver technology solutions supporting BTXPS in partnership with Client Partners, other Digital Teams, service providers, team members and stakeholders.
- Manage medium to Large programs comprised of multiple projects in Manufacturing or Laboratory areas. Examples include Batch Record systems, Manufacturing Data Management systems, and Chromatography data systems.
- Partner with internal and external teams to define and implement technical solutions that improve Pfizer processes and end user experiences.
- Manage and facilitate the validation and deployment of new and upgraded software to support various business processes in BTXPS, helping to overcome technical challenges as needed.
- Manage, facilitate, and assist with the diagnosis and restoration of applications, infrastructure, networking issues, etc. for critical systems used for day to day operations for Pharm Sci, understanding the escalation path and when to use it.
- Evaluation of new and existing laboratory equipment to determine regulatory, data integrity, security requirements and opportunities to provide a technical solution to improve processes.
- Establish strong relationships with key partnering organizations (including but not limited to Digital Client Partners, BTx Pharm Sci Business Systems Operations (BSO) and BTx Pharm Sci Business Stakeholders) to strengthen delivery of cross-functional solutions.
- Manage technical work activities of contingent worker resources to support enhancements and continuous improvements to systems, applications, and/or services.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of proven relevant project management experience delivering medium to large projects in a regulated environment
- Technical experience with infrastructure including but not limited to: Operating Systems, Databases, Security and Networking Technologies.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, consensus building, facilitation, negotiation, and the ability to readily learn a new business area
- Proven relevant experience as an information technology professional in one or many roles such as a software developer, systems administrator, project manager, computer engineer or support specialist.
- Demonstrated competency in Software Development Lifecycles.
- Demonstrated competency in Software Validation for regulated environments.
- High level of awareness of internal and external technology trends
- Managing technology resources to meet goals across multiple solutions or projects.
- Demonstrated experience in vendor negotiations and sourcing models with cited impacts to strategic direction and in-line production products.
- Proven experience working and building relationships across matrixed organizations
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Expectations around travel will be minimal.
- Digital is a 7x24x365 endeavor. This role may require physical or virtual participation on a weekend, holiday, or after normal business hours