A career with us is about discovering breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. A high performing administrative team is essential to bringing those therapies to people all over the world and making a positive difference. We need dedicated colleagues like you who are efficient, find solutions and collaborate with others to achieve our purpose.What You Will Achieve
You will provides senior administrative and process support to Emerging Science & Innovation (ES&I) managers located in Cambridge, MA. The ES&I team is an externally-focused, global based scientific team of high profile PhDs/MDs driving external partnerships, collaborations, and acquisitions across all therapeutic areas. The Administrative Lead maintains thorough knowledge of ES&I team function and remit, nurtures, and supports relationships with the Research Units and Business Development, and maintains an excellent working knowledge of ES&I external partners.
In addition, the position requires an understanding of the strategic business objectives of Pfizer's R&D, ES&I global, and regional organizations.How You Will Achieve It
- Prioritizes, coordinates, delegates and partners well with ES&I team to execute and accomplish business objectives productively.
- Provides senior level administrative support to several of the ES&I Cambridge Research Unit heads.
- Partners closely and collaboratively with Cambridge-based senior Administrative Professionals who support Chief Scientific Officers.
- Coordinates interactions with external companies and academic institutions at the administrative level, providing the point-of-contact to internal and external business partners.
- Schedules and coordinates internal on-site meetings, external meetings, major conferences and site visits, anticipating conflicts and needs and partners effectively with all colleagues to achieve meeting objectives; calendar management, international travel and visas; T&E reports, updating team members on Pfizer processes and procedures.
- Supports logistics and planning for external partnering events and initiatives, off-site team meetings and other special projects as assigned.
- Business-savvy, experienced, fast-paced, technically astute, pro-active team player with top skill set, judgment and fluid work capability, comfortable with change and evolution.
- Partners closely and collaboratively with other ES&I APs in Cambridge, NY headquarters, and globally to manage team-wide support and communication and provides onsite support to visiting ERDI team members when requested.
- High School Diploma or GED
- +10 years of administrative experience
- Demonstrated planning and organizing skills
- Demonstrated administrative experience with an ability to carry out all office functions proficiently, and to complete quality work on a timely basis
- Excellent attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Excellent judgment as well as the ability to work with confidential documents and information
- Excellent skills required in electronic management of records, communications, planning, time management, and follow up.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required, especially PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and other features.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Prior experience as an Administrative Assistant supporting executive leadership in a global organization
- Prior experience in the medical, science or pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare environment
- Experience with Ariba
- Experience with SharePoint
- Light lifting, walking, extensive computer use.
Non-Standard Work Schedule, Travel or Environment Requirements
- Some travel to other sites for conferences, gatherings, etc.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: August 4, 2021.
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus