Sr. Plant Mechanical Engineer
Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you'll help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what’s possible and taking action.What You Will Achieve
Your technical skills will help us keep our plants, utility systems, buildings and equipment up and running. Pfizer relies on you for maintenance, redesign, and repair of utilities in our plants, such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, air conditioning, heating, painting and general maintenance. You will be relied on to take the necessary preventive and corrective steps for setting priorities, forecasting and allocating resources in the maintenance tasks.
As a Manager, your breadth of knowledge on internal or external business challenges will help us improve our engineering products, processes and services. Your will manage projects by meeting objectives and preparing forecasts for resource requirements. Your risk-taking ability will help us advance new concepts and methodologies. You will provide technical guidance and oversight to team members and help in problem solving.
It is your dedication and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Manage multiple projects and ongoing work activities within the division typically involving cross-functional representatives.
- Lead and provide technical engineering oversight to develop project execution plans, and associated engineering studies for equipment component installation etc.
- Support programs and systems with procedures and training while ensuring compliance with all regulatory and company requirements.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), safety procedures, quality standards, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards, other regulatory agency standards, and good maintenance practices.
- Develop and establish strategies and methods that improve preventive maintenance processes and procedures resulting in enhanced equipment performance.
- Perform equipment evaluations to determine and justify new equipment, equipment replacement and incorporate into capital plan.
- Facilitate and participate in equipment-based Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) investigations.
- Provide governance of maintenance planning and scheduling across the Operating Units.
- Foster teamwork and encourage colleague development, provide salary planning recommendations as well as change management.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Process Safety Management elements
- Knowledge of Enterprise Asset Management Solution or other CMMS applications required
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices), Food and Drug Administration, current pharmaceutical industry standards, and/or other regulations.
- Ability to shift priorities according to changes in departmental/facility needs and be open to different ideas/approaches
- Master's degree
- Relevant pharmaceutical experience
- Industry experience with preventive and predictive maintenance programs
Other Job Details
- Last day to apply: 8/4/2021
- Eligible for employee referral bonus
- Eligible for Relocation Package