QC Laboratory Support Specialist II (1st Shift)
This is a laboratory support services position in the Kalamazoo QO Raw Material Laboratory. Candidate must work effectively in a fast-paced and customer-oriented environment supporting sample processing and distribution for multiple laboratories. This position will receive, document, process, distribute, and dispose of QC samples. Assist labs with resolving sample errors and communicate with customers daily. Participates in laboratory investigations as required and implement work process improvements as needed. This position will also support the record retention process of documents in the QO Laboratories.
Occasional overtime as required to meet supply and customer needs.
• Works effectively in a fast-paced, customer-oriented, team laboratory environment to support QO Laboratories.
• Receive, document, process, distribute and dispose of QC laboratory samples. Troubleshoot and resolve any sampling errors.
• Clerical/administrative responsibilities to support record retention with documents.
• High productivity and the ability to multi-task coupled with a low error rate and attention to detail are critical characteristics of this position.
• Additionally, must demonstrate flexibility/agility and engagement in a changing environment. The candidate is expected to display good laboratory technique to avoid cross-contamination or misidentification of samples. Participates in laboratory investigations as required.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- 0-2 years experience.
- Basic math skills and computer skills such as data entry, along with a high level of attention to detail are required.
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills within a diverse team setting are required.
- The successful candidate will possess a demonstrated ability to organize time independently, be able to perform several tasks concurrently (ability to multi-task), and be able to meet objectives in a flexible, team-oriented environment.
- The preferred candidate has a demonstrated work experience with required attention to detail.
Laboratory and office work requiring walking, standing, and sitting throughout a shift. Lifting of items less than 25 kg. Ability to perform mathematical calculations and handle chemical materials safely.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
This position may require colleagues to work extended hours to meet business or customer needs. All Laboratory colleagues adhere to safe work practices such as wearing appropriate personal protective equipment including lab coat, safety glasses, and gloves. There is no routine travel associated with this position.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: August 10th, 2021
- Eligible for Relocation Assistance: No
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES