Senior Associate, Solution Engineer
The Chemistry Workflow Engineer is a member of the Research & Development (R & D) Core Solutions organization. In Core Solutions our mission is to help bring medicines to patients through the delivery of impactful and sustainable technology solutions for the research and development functions of Pfizer. This is accomplished by providing the talent for technology planning, project execution and application development excellence. The Chemistry Workflow Engineer role has accountability for chemistry data solutions and services to the Medicinal Sciences lineWhat You Will Achieve
The Chemistry Workflow Engineer role will assist with the successful strategy outline, design, development and delivery of chemistry data workflows and services to the Medicinal Sciences line to support high quality decisions. This includes understanding chemistry data workflow needs, integration of chemistry data from internal and external sources, and enabling new technologies to assist Medicinal Sciences in meeting their strategic initiatives.
This role requires a person who combines a strong customer focus with excellent and existing knowledge of the internal chemistry systems and data. The individual will need to be entrepreneurial, innovative, adaptable, and creative with an innate ability to understand and seek out new opportunities to support the science and an ability to influence and leverage the broader Digital organization to support the needs of Medicinal Sciences.How You Will Achieve It
- Work with Chemistry groups to review and analyze workflows for opportunities to streamline and plan for implementing changes in support of new business directives.
- Support global and local chemistry groups, including computational, synthetic, analytical, and outsourcing.
- Align Digital services with current and future needs of the business and its customers while improving quality of services delivered.
- Understand and analyze business problems and opportunities in the context of the business workflows and recommends and creates solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, document, communicate, and validate business workflow needs and requirements for changes.
- Assists in the investigation and resolution of problems relating to applications.
- Assist with specified maintenance procedures.
- Translate logical designs of user/system interfaces into physical designs, considering the target environment, performance requirements and existing systems.
- Help produce detailed design specifications where applicable, and documents all work using required standards, methods, and tools, including prototyping tools, where appropriate.
- Conduct reviews of supplied specifications as appropriate.
- Work in a matrix, team environment with Pfizer colleagues as well as vendor partners.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Bachelor’s degree required, major in a technical field such as Information Technology or Life Sciences, Software Engineering, Information Management, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other engineering discipline
- Minimum of five years of experience in similar roles in technology or science based organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Facilitation, negotiating and presentation skills
- Experience working in ambiguous situations
- Strong customer relationship building abilities
- Ability to relate technology solutions to scientific problems
- Demonstrated experience and skills in analysis and problem solving
- Demonstrated experience using standard requirements business analysis techniques, including brainstorming, interviewing, requirements sessions, activity diagrams and use cases
- Demonstrated experience and/or demonstrated competencies either informally or formally contributing on various-size teams of technologists, IT professionals or project managers using Agile, DevOps, and other approaches for iterative development
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively in team settings, frequently in virtual teams
- Experience with Databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, for example) and SQL
- Experience developing multi-tiered solutions in an OOP programming language such asJava, .Net, C#, Python, et al.
"Nice To Haves"
- Experience in a Chemistry laboratory environment using scientific applications for Chemistry in a research environment
- Experience with Cheminformatics tools such as ChemDraw and Pipeline Pilot.
- Quick to establish trust and respect
- Action oriented and energetic
- Resourceful and creative
- Persistent and determined
- Mature and cool under pressure
- Easily makes connections
- Reads situations quickly
- Commitment and follow through