Creating value though procurement processes is keeping our products in production and our innovators innovating. Whether you are part of negotiating contracts, managing vendors or forecasting requirements, your role is critical to getting our medicines in the hands of the people who need them most, faster and more efficiently than ever before.What You Will Achieve
Working with a dynamic team of procurement experts, you will play an important role in negotiating contracts with suppliers for the procurement of goods, services and supplies. You will facilitate category management, purchase goods and services for ongoing operations, and manage corporate services.
As an associate, your focus on the job will contribute in achieving project tasks and goals. Through your domain knowledge and commitment, you will create a collaborative team environment for your colleagues.
It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Act in support of the procurement team to implement the Procure to Pay dimension of sourcing strategies.
- Analyze business needs and identify ways of improving the procurement processes, tools, policies and procedures, to drive efficiency and proactive engagement in opportunities.
- Execute stakeholder strategy and communication plan to support engagement at all levels and resolve service related issues with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support complex local sourcing initiatives, including spot buying as required.
- Support the management of the category plans and provide non-category specific development to support the goals of the department and function.
- Act as relationship manager for assigned key site suppliers and key global suppliers.
- Provide data analysis and market specific knowledge to aid category strategy execution.
- Implement and monitor the procurement processes to ensure compliance with national regulations, corporate policies and Good Manufacturing Practices (also cGMP), Environment, Health & Safety (Local applications) guidelines.
- Work with manufacturing team to assure delivery requirements are met.
- Develop alternate sources of supply and support local minority suppliers.
- Classify error report and resolve them.
- Interface with Pfizer Global Procurement groups to assure alignment with
- Perform all bidding activities using current system application and sourcing tools.
- Contribute to the completion of project milestones and organize own work to meet project task deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated experience in procurement, ideally within a large multi-national company
- Sound Information Technology skills particularly in Excel spreadsheet, word processing and presentation packages
- Knowledge of procurement systems, processes and procedures
- Good project management and facilitation skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Client Engagement and Customer Relationship Management skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize diverse workload, adapt to changing priorities and assignments
- Cross-site, cross-functional project skills and experience
- Demonstrated achievement of results, including savings generation, improvements to supplier relationships, product quality and service delivery