Senior Scientist, Conjugation Chemistry, Early BioProcess Development
The incumbent will develop and perform glycoconjugate processes for manufacturing carbohydrate-based vaccines. Primary duties include development of new/novel conjugation methods, analysis of glycoconjugates, and optimization of conjugation process parameters including conjugation and purification. Experience in the preparation of glycoconjugates is highly desired. The individual will become a key contributor towards the early development and scale up of glycoconjugate vaccines. Careful documentation of work and presentation of data is required. All work is to be done in a compliant manner according to SOP guidelines and cGMP/GLP regulations, where applicable.
- Develop, optimize and scale-up conjugation process for glycoconjugate vaccine candidates.
- Independently plan and execute experiments for conjugate vaccine candidates, and lead the development on special projects, when required.
- Presents periodic status update, discuss problems and proposed solutions in discussion with group members. Offers insights based on experience to group members to help solve problems.
- Collaborate with colleagues within Vaccine Research and Development organization including Bioprocess Fermentation, Purification, Analytical, and Formulation Development groups.
- Keep abreast of scientific/ technological development by participating in scientific meetings/ seminars and through regular scientific review. Utilize new technologies and establish those technologies to improve conjugation process development
- Continuously evaluate each process and technique to determine if it is robust, appropriate and scalable. If an operation has shortcomings or can be improved, uses expertise and imagination to suggest improvements.
- Participate the technology transfer of developed process to the clinical manufacturing site, both internally and externally, and provide the technical support as needed.
- Fully document laboratory experiments in electronic notebook in a timely and compliant manner and prepare technical reports as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD degree in Chemistry/Carbohydrate Chemistry or Biochemistry with minimum 0 - 3 years related experience or a relevant MS degree in Chemistry with minimum of 7 years relevant experience.
- Experience with conjugation, purification processes and at least 1 year experience in industrial/academic process development environment.
- Experience with conjugation process scale-up, and glycoconjugate analytical techniques.
- Knowledge and ability to independently design, plan, and execute conjugation and purification activities. These should also include the ability to operate and maintain relevant instruments, resolve technical problems related to instruments, and execution of analytical / biophysical characterization methods.
- Experience with a variety of state-of-the-art analytical techniques including NMR, Mass Spectrometry etc. and other analytical techniques.
- Independently analyze and provide conclusions regarding experimental data generated.
Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Research and Development