Utilities Maintenance Mechanic
Provide maintenance and operational support for all plant facilities and utilities equipment to ensure employee safety, equipment safety and functionality, and uninterrupted production operations.
Responsible for the safe maintenance, operation, and documentation of utility services and equipment including boilers, HVAC, pumps, chillers, air compressors, vacuum systems, clean steam generators, Water for Injection (WFI) stills, reverse osmosis (RO) systems, and others as required. Responsibilities also include work order creation and completion, logbook data entries, and assistance with other task when required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all Environmental, Health, and Safety requirements and protocols.
- Wear all applicable personal protective equipment (PPE) where required.
- Maintain and repair facility and related equipment as per required Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP), Occupational Safety & Health Association regulations (OSHA), and any other applicable guidelines, recommendations, codes, or regulations.
- Maintain and repair facility, utilities, and related equipment including boilers, HVAC, pumps, chillers, air compressors, vacuum systems, clean steam generators, Water for Injection (WFI) stills, reverse osmosis (RO) systems, and others as required.
- Install and test new facility equipment and systems.
- Fill out and maintain all required logs and records of maintenance activities.
- Assist Safety, Quality, Environmental, Production, Engineering, and/or other departments in troubleshooting issues, providing guidance, and making necessary adjustment for proper operational control of end use spaces and equipment.
- Monitor and oversee vendor and contract services for preventative maintenance and immediate repair issues.
- Assist with Start-up and Commissioning activities on new systems.
- Become on-site on-shift expert for the critical and non-critical Utilities equipment and systems.
- Technical support includes test, troubleshoot and repair of assigned systems, and preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Assist the Investigation team with any/all root cause investigations as necessary.
- Assist with both internal and external audits as necessary.
- Operations support includes daily technical status reporting and follow up of previous shift issues.
- Follow all SOP and EHS training to operate floor jacks, scissor lifts, and other typical material and personnel handling equipment as necessary to safely maneuver equipment and/or personnel.
- Follow all SOP and EHS training for Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO), confined space, hot work, and other typical maintenance related activities.
- Availability to work days/nights, weekends, and holidays to support a 24/7 operation.
- Ability to read, follow, edit, and rewrite Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Create and/or perform Work Orders (WO).
- Proficiently operate and maintain various standard maintenance tools and equipment including basic hand and power tools, multi-meters,
- Must respond quickly to plant facility, utilities, and manufacturing needs.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Basic navigation of other computer software as required.
- Previous facility maintenance experience is preferred.
- Previous Biopharma experience is preferred.
- High school diploma required.
- Associate or technical degree with appropriate experience, or other significant relevant experience.
- Requires strong analytical skills and ability to work in a team focused environment.
- Three to five years’ experience in Industrial Plant Maintenance.
Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Last Date to Apply for Job: September 17th, 2021