Sr Associate, Buyer, PBG Procurement North America
Pfizer GBS Sourcing & Enterprise Service delivers world-class procurement capabilities to Pfizer, partnering with internal Pfizer customers to ensure they receive maximum value for every dollar spent with Pfizer suppliers. We accomplish this by executing effective strategic processes, including category management, supplier management and sourcing projects, all supported by efficient procure to pay processes. We add value by aligning Pfizer with the best suppliers, promoting continuous improvement in supplier performance and driving compliance with Pfizer’s intellectual property and privacy requirements. We strive to obtain the right price for the right product or service.
This role is based in Pfizer Tampa and provides flexible procurement support covering a market or a range of different markets in North America and categories on an operational level. This role executes activities including data analysis and reporting, market intelligence, and project tracking. Also, it supports improvements in sourcing processes and exploration of cost efficiency opportunities.
The key tasks include, but are not limited to:
I - Customer Relationship Management:
- Provide communication between market / site issues and Procurement management.
- Support resolution of procurement related issues, as required.
II - Business Processes:
- Work with GBS teams to implement and maintain efficient and effective procurement process solutions, contribute to the continuous improvement of GP practices, procedures and systems to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- In conjunction with GBS be responsible for implementing process enhancement projects at market/site level with the geographic scope of leadership
- Act in support of Procurement Lead and team to implement Sourcing Strategies.
III - Reporting & Analysis:
- Support the analytical requirements defined by reporting line, including but not limited to:
- Data gathering (internal and external) including Business requirements.
- Market and supplier analysis.
- Data management.
- Work with internal functional experts, suppliers, and at times consultants, to implement and document various procurement team strategies and operational improvement efforts.
- Develop well-rounded industry knowledge in various subcategory groupings as required to support market and/or site.
IV – Special Procurement Projects:
- Perform Complex Spot Buying and support local sourcing initiatives as required.
- Provide non-category specific assistance to various Procurement teams.
- Analyze industry trends.
- Track and report working capital metrics.
- Support project implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or Business Administration.
- Work experience 3+ years in Sourcing/Procurement discipline preferred, ideally within a large multi-national company.
- Understanding of the end to end Procurement process including experience of Strategic Sourcing & Supplier Management.
- Good communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluent English is a must.
- Sound IT skills – particularly in spreadsheet, word processing and presentation packages.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a diverse workload.
- Excellent Analytical Skills.
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Starting capability in the use of a wide range of analytical techniques. Needs to be provided with a clear statement of the problem (usually quite specific and local) to deploy these techniques effectively to create recommendations for action.
Resource Management and Teamwork
- Contributes to the completion of project tasks and/or milestones.
- Organizes own work to meet project task deadlines.
- Performs work in a structured environment under direction from supervisor.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES