Experienced Accountant, Balance Sheet Center of Excellence
Why Patients Need You
At Pfizer, we make medicines and vaccines that change patients' lives with a global reach of over 780 million patients. We apply science and our global resources to bring therapies to people that extend and significantly improve their lives. We strive to set the standard for quality, safety, and value in the discovery, development, and manufacture of health care products, including innovative medicines and vaccines. Every day, Pfizer colleagues work across developed and emerging markets to advance wellness, prevention, treatments, and cures that challenge the most feared diseases of our time. Consistent with our responsibility as one of the world's premier innovative biopharmaceutical companies, we collaborate with health care providers, governments, and local communities to support and expand access to reliable, affordable health care around the world. For more than 170 years, Pfizer has worked to make a difference for all who rely on us.
Pfizer has expanded our global footprint with a new office in Tampa at the Heights Union East Building. We are quickly building a community of colleagues that align with our common patient-focused purpose and Pfizer’s core values. Pfizer Tampa is a strategic powerhouse that creates an atmosphere for innovative ideas and best practices across Finance, HR, Digital, and Sourcing. Pfizer colleagues are diverse and highly skilled with extensive knowledge, deep expertise, and strategic capabilities across multiple functions. Pfizer Tampa is a dynamic and energizing environment where diverse colleagues are co-located to facilitate greater colleague collaboration, new ways of working, and enhanced simplification through more integrated end-to-end solutions.
What You Will Achieve
Your in-depth knowledge and financial skills will keep our products in production and our innovators innovating. Whether you are part of establishing, coordinating, researching, or administering financial operations, your role is critical to getting our medicines in the hands of the people who need them most, faster and more efficiently than ever before.
This position will support the Balance Sheet Center of Excellence (CoE) team whose responsibilities include balance sheet reconciliation metrics and reporting, Balance Sheet Globalization Program (BSGP) governance, internal/external audit requirements, Cadency SOX application support, deployment planning and execution, system configuration and change management control activities. In addition, this position will support various initiatives and work closely with the entire BSGP organization to ensure operational consistency and stabilization.
It is your dedication that will help make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
- Perform daily activities surrounding team’s assigned areas of responsibility
- Participate in the completion of the team’s R2R Governance deliverables
- Perform the generation and delivery of various global balance sheet reconciliation status and quality metrics, complex data analysis, and ad-hoc reports with little to no assistance
- Escalate resolution of delinquent reconciliations and aged reconciling items
- Act as a Cadency subject matter expert and support configuration updates, as needed
- Support continuous improvement and incremental globalization activities and controls, utilizing new technology and innovative tools to maximize alignment across Pfizer
- Support Robotic Process Automation initiatives, as needed
- Assist with Statutory and Local GAAP reconciliations in Cadency and resolve any issues
- Prepare and distribute Trial Balance Certification deliverables
- Support Cadency environment upgrade testing when in scope and liaison with Cadency’s vendor, Trintech, as needed
- Prepare and update selected financial and accounting analysis, work instructions, SOPs, etc.
- Support alignment of BSGP operations with various global transformation initiatives
- Assist in providing key support for internal and external related audit activities, including the timely and accurate delivery of audit requests
- Create and/or update presentation materials and present to a wide variety of audiences
- Support team in preparation and delivery of critical analysis to various stakeholders, owning all required support including the resolution and remediation of open questions and concerns; engage directly with customers and business partners on activities and deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA eligibility preferred
- 3+ years of relevant functional account or finance experience as required for specific role
- Public accounting experience preferred
Basic accounting and financial reporting skills that include the following:
- Demonstrated advanced technical US GAAP and financial reporting knowledge and experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Identify issues proactively and communicate to manager along with potential range of solutions
- Engage directly with customers and business partners on routine activities and deliverables; begin to develop relationships
- Maintain complete and accurate tasks list and status of open items
- Consistently meet deadlines with little to no assistance
- Lead the implementation of continuous improvement projects
- Proficiency in PC skills (MS Excel, Word, Power Point) required
- Demonstrate an intermediate understanding of SAP/ERP systems
- Strong written and verbal skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management
- Ability to operate independently and remain focused through change or uncertainty
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus