Director, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Organic Synthesis
Responsible for the manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Intermediates using Organic Synthesis. Be an active member of the Site Leadership Team. Attract, retain and grow talent.
- Ensure that manufacturing methods / environment will meet contemporary industrial, Regulatory and Pfizer standards. Work with direct reports to ensure that teams are properly staffed to meet production requirements, to create and monitor budgets, to monitor and control production variances and ensure a safe working environment.
- Embed and sustain IMEX processes and tiered governance, empowering teams to deliver continuous improvement and operational performance. Support and foster Supportive Leadership among people leaders within organic synthesis and through active coaching.
- The position will be responsible to interact with the sites quality assurance, quality control, validation, engineering, technical services, supply chain and regulatory departments in order ensure that regulatory standards, company policies and site processes are met.
- This individual will cultivate and reinforce appropriate Pfizer values, norms, and behaviors and will provide oversight to individuals and teams on personal development, performance, and quality related issues. The position requires the writing and delivery of performance reviews and to perform second level reviews as required.
- Responsible for Organic Synthesis and planning and scheduling and for achieving schedule attainment and cycle time targets.
- Working with Pfizer CentreOne (PC1), cultivate and build strategic customer relationships and ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind all value-added business activities.
“Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.”
- Minimum Bachelor's degree plus 10 years of demonstrated experience and knowledge of operations, scientific, technical, business and leadership principles.
- 10+ years of experience leading direct reports
- Strong analytical, presentation and relationship management skills
- Proven track record of delivering results consistently while being a role model for the Pfizer Leader Behaviors.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (oral and written) effectively with diverse individuals/groups; foster trust and understanding;
- Demonstrated strategic focus and strong business acumen are required.
- Must have track record of strong customer focus.
- Must have proven track record of leading change, as well as managing in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must demonstrate personal agility and innovation as well as cultivating similar behavior in team members.
- Must have ability to evaluate risk and make rapid decisions where necessary.
- Experience leading teams including responsibility for performance management and talent development of team members required.
- Ability to address conflicts as necessary and build highly effective, diverse teams.
- Strong knowledge of cGMPs (US & EU), OSHA, ISO, and other regulatory agency standards and requirements applicable to a pharmaceutical production facility
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Off-shift and weekend work may be required as operations are 24x7
Last Date to Apply for Job: July 31, 2021
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral BonusSunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Manufacturing#LI-PFE