Senior Manager Data Scientist
Digital’s Science and Clinical Analytics and Analytics Innovation will partner across Pfizer Digital Technology to drive new capabilities for reuse of cross domain data and information that enables portfolio decision making and precision medicine. Digital will drive and support cross border (internal/external) data reuse, provide a hub to connect and share reuse best practices from leaders and initiatives, and identify, develop and host data and information services that reach across domains, enable reuse and build trust in R&D data and scientific information.
The Digital SCAAI team connects various stakeholders to drive new capabilities for reuse of cross domain data and information that enables portfolio decision making and enhances clinical trials. This is accomplished through a focus on the secondary use of data from inside and outside the organization, analyzed by a team of data scientists with experience and/or training in health sciences to identify, describe and analyze gaps in data access, relationships, lineage or tools in response to business requests to perform new or novel information analyses that advance our portfolio or influence the external environment.
The Senior manager data scientist is a very important role to advance predictive data analyses strategies, and innovative methods generating valuable insights using numerous internal and external data sources. The data scientist will provide leadership in maximizing the value of Pfizer’s investments in big data and analytics capabilities. She/he will work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment as the competitive landscape and data strategies keep changing rapidly.
The Senior Manager data scientist will:
- Locate and analyze different types of relevant data from inside and outside of Pfizer to answer novel research, development, or commercial questions.
- Provide leadership to and execute projects that help discover novel targets and bio markers, enhance clinical trials and reposition Pfizer’s drug products in collaboration with business partners that have diverse scientific, informatics and business management skills and experiences.
- Create prototypes, predictive models and demonstrations to help articulate the value of insights for advancing the science and business
- Develop Proof-of-Concept (POC) utilities for use in answering business questions with innovation, value generation and competitive edge as key differentiators; provide thought leadership and architectural know-how to scale up these utilities for mainstream use by broader scientific and business community.
- Lead Business initiatives and support Pfizer Digital’s Bold Moves
- Produce actionable data presentations and visualizations that are intuitive, effective and insightful for decision makers at senior levels throughout the organization
- Define and execute technology POCs using cutting edge, state of the art and often unproven technologies
- A minimum of a bachelors’ degree with 7+ years of experience or a PhD 3+ years’ experience required
- Data analysis experience with heterogeneous data types and familiarity of big data, analytics and/or data mining environments in the biological sciences.
- 5+ years of programming experience with analytics tools (R, Python, SQL)
- 3+ years with a data visualization tool (e.gs., R, Spotfire, Tableau)
- Experience creating data workflows and providing real-time data for analysis and visualizations
- Machine Learning and predictive modeling skills: Ability to build and manage models to predict future outcomes using data that is often incomplete and/or imperfect and contained in disparate sources.
- Statistical analysis: Ability to understand and improve possible limitations in models.
- Demonstrated capabilities in analyzing heterogeneous datasets; Ability to identify trends, identify outliers and find patterns
- Demonstrated experience in accessing and analyzing research and clinical data
- Superior analytical skills; Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ideal candidate would be able to work independently with the ability to prioritize activities
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Understanding of Pharmaceutical R&D data preferred
- An understanding of business processes in one or more pharmaceutical domains including discovery, research, clinical, regulatory or safety would be strong plus
- Experience in Modelling and Simulation is desirable
- Experience with R Shiny applications and Jupyter Notebooks is a plus
- 2+ years of data science experience with Artificial Intelligence and natural language processing/text mining and/orexposure would be big plus.
- Experience working in a cloud environment and using cloud-based services is desirable
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record and Claims data and/or public datasets a plus
- Experience in the use of semantic technologies to query unstructured data is desirable.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to perform complex data analysis
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- 10-20% of travel, mostly within the United States.
Last Date to Apply for Job: 8/13/2021
Eligible for Employee Referral BonusSunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Information & Business Tech#LI-PFE