Temporary Research Associate I
Manager: Associate Scientist
Department: Technical Operations
Location: Richmond, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking a talented temporary research associate to fill an open temporary position in our Vector Production and Development Group, manufacturing lentivirus in support of our research and preclinical efforts.
- Maintenance of tissue culture cell lines
- Transfection or infection of cell lines to produce lentivirus
- Purification of viral vectors by ultracentrifugation
- Preparation of media and buffers
- Analysis of viral vectors by Western Blot
- Database entry and maintenance of Excel and Access databases
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. or higher in biology, virology, biochemistry, process engineering or related field
- 1+ years of experience in an academic research laboratory or biotechnology company
- Hands on expertise in mammalian tissue culture
- Ability to prepare and follow SOPs
- Skilled in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Experience with viral production and purification
- Experience in molecular biology and protein analysis
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Note to External Recruiters: Please understand that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves. Any agency or independent recruiter must have a signed copy of our agency agreement before presenting candidates. Submission of unsolicited resumes without our signed agreement will not create any implied obligation on our part.
If you wish to be considered for the presentation of candidates, please contact us through Recruiting@sangamo.com. Attach your contact information, your area of specialty, and any marketing information you wish to provide. Someone from the Talent Acquisition Department will contact you directly if there is a business need for your services.