Manager, Marketing Operations
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
Emergent BioSolutions is seeking a Manager-Marketing Operations, to manage and coordinate Marketing Operations capabilities. This role is responsible for managing the promotional review process, conferences, production and fulfillment and KOL/Speaker Bureau for assigned Brand teams within the organization. This is a key role within the Marketing Operations/Enterprise Commercial Operations organization.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Manage and facilitate effective and efficient Promotional Review Committee (PRC) meetings, managing the needs of cross-functional stakeholders
• Provide active support and drive alignment with cross functional review team – Commercial, Medical, Legal, and Regulatory – guiding review meeting activities and helping to create solutions to address business needs
• Work with assigned Emergent brand teams to understand commercial strategies, identify key upcoming initiatives/events and prepare for anticipated business needs and priorities for advertising and promotional material development, review and approval
• Deliver training with internal and external PRC stakeholders as needed and serve as a “go to resource” for PRC needs and Veeva PromoMats usage
• Forecast demand for PRC review and approval of materials for assigned brands.
• Drive prioritization of brand initiatives/materials through PRC based on understanding of business priorities, needs, volume, and complexity of materials
• Create and maintain Veeva PromoMats system educational and support materials
• Support Marketing Operations Promotional Review team members with creation and distribution of field communications and, “Did You Know,” helpful tips and tricks
• Maintain working knowledge of and adherence to relevant internal Emergent policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines (e.g. corporate branding, corporate and commercial operations compliance, promotional material development guidelines)
• Proactively identify and implement opportunities for PRC process improvement
• Identify and share best practices and lessons learned to enhance overall functional and business successes
• Prioritize and multi-task to enhance productivity and manage workload in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
• Establish KPIs and coordinate with Director of Marketing Operations to provide insights and discuss improvement opportunities with relevant brand teams
• Establish Marketing Operations expertise for enterprise Speaker Program oversight and execution in collaboration with Marketing brand teams
• Operationalize and execute on agreed upon enterprise Commercial Conference Plan(s), identifying efficiencies and areas for optimization in collaboration with Marketing brand teams
• Manage enterprise production & fulfillment capability in collaboration with Marketing brand teams
• Support on-going enterprise production and fulfillment support needs including new team implementations, change management, new staff training, user guide updates, and vendor relationship
• Strengthen partnerships with Marketing brand teams and cross-functional SME partners through excellent customer service and education, reinforcing the vision and value of the Marketing Operations team
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Bachelor’s Degree plus 5-7 years related experience or High School diploma and 7 plus years of related experience
• Project management experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience working with advertising and promotional review process
• Marketing experience preferred
• Prior experience with Veeva PromoMats/Veeva Vault
• Experience with training and education on process and systems
• 1-3 years pharmaceutical experience
• Experience working with cross-functional groups and teams to achieve common goals
• Solid process, project management and facilitation skills supporting cross-functional teams at varying levels
• Experience with product launches and working with multiple products preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Proven ability to communicate professionally in a corporate environment
• Self-starter and independent performer
• Establishes priorities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work both independently and cross-functionally as part of a team
• Demonstrates understanding and experience with implementing and ensuring compliance to procedural requirements for government reporting – Sunshine Act for Healthcare professionals
• Makes complex decisions involving multiple constituencies using fact-based analysis
• Prioritizes based on agreed business needs and related budgets
• Quickly assess critical situations and identify issue resolution
• Define processes and guidelines that can be applied across all franchise teams
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.